LEKO LABS' building system is a novel state of the art to build walls and floors for buildings that have a minimal carbon footprint, are highly insulating and commercially very attractive for developers.
We are active in Luxembourg and on an expansion course across Europe and then wider around the globe. First full homes have been completed based on the LEKO LABS technology in the past two years and we are now scaling up our manufacturing and sales.
Our Vision is to achieve the reduction of 1% of global greenhouse gases by 2040 through a transition to climate friendly building materials and improved levels of home insulation.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be part of our core robotics team helping to design and implement the intelligence behind our innovative robotic systems.
The ideal candidate enjoys problem solving and has the relevant proven experience working on design and implementation of computer software applications.
This position reports directly to the Head of Robotics.
- Research, design and implement the most effective software architecture that will serve the next generation robot assembly line in our Digital Microfactory.
- Help defining and consolidating functional and design specifications of the software product.
- Setup and implement state of the art software testing suite for ultimately improving product quality and reliability.
- Contribute to improving the existing software development platforms, tools and workflows.
- Support the team to install and commission prototype and production versions in our Digital Microfactory.
- Produce and maintain related documentation.
- Use email and other software tools to communicate and organize activities.
- Minimum 5 years of strong software development hands-on experience, preferably (but not exclusively) with JAVA. Any other object-oriented language(s) will be considered as a strong plus.
- Strong notions and proven experience of:
- Software testing practices and suites (i.e. JUnit5)
- CD/CI practices and tools (preferably GitHub actions, but not exclusively)
- Source code management tools (preferably Git, but not exclusively)
- Dependency management and build automation tools (preferably Maven, but not exclusively)
- A software repository available for review will be considered as valuable reference within the recruitment process.
- A proven “can do” and ”get it done” attitude.
- Able to communicate with a range of personalities and job levels from Operators to Engineers.
- Self-starter able to work independently as well as in the team to meet tight deadlines.
- Contribute disrupting the construction industry while making good for our planet.
- Competitive salary package proportional to proven value and experience brought to the team.
- Dynamic startup environment encouraging personal and professional improvements.
- When and where applicable, career development opportunities within the growing organization.