Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare and facilitate insulation coordination across the product
- Design and develop the HV bus system to meet safety and functional requirements
- Create and manage budgets for leakage resistance, Y-capacitance, and X-capacitance
- Create and drive safety standards for all HV bus system modules
- Start to finish ownership - from specification to design, and validation:
- System evaluation of resonance points as a function of modules and system tolerances
- Specifying the HV bus system’s steady state and transient voltages resulting from pre-charge, discharge, module, and other normal operations
- Evaluation of HV bus disturbances resulting from thermal and pyro fuse events and system or module failures
- Testing of the HV system, verifying compliance with the system specifications in all operational modes
- Provide design guidance from conception into production while working with a multidisciplinary team to understand module performance and sources of HV bus disturbances
- Verifying that modules meet budget allocations and develop solutions to bring the system into compliance with requirements
What you need:
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years or MS with 1+ years of experience in related fields
- Sound knowledge and hands-on experience in HV bus architecture covering safety and functional requirements
- Familiarity with battery, power electronics, thermal / pyro fuses, and typical transient loads and exposures anticipated for aerospace systems
- Experience in performing modeling of system dynamics in circuit simulation tools (spice, Matlab/Simulink, etc.)
- Master of all types of lab instruments: oscilloscope, network analyzers, HV power supplies, etc.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Hands on experience with automotive and aerospace HV bus systems
- Ph. D. in electrical engineering
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $134,400 - $168,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.