Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for operational accounting related to inventory, cost accounting, cost of goods sold, inventory impairment assessment, accounts payable and capital expenditure
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly close, reconciliations, and financial reporting related to inventory, standard costing including bills of materials, overheads, scrap and impairment assessment
- Partner with plant General Manager, and VP of Logistics and Supply Chain for effective inventory controls.
- Lead and transform Accounts payable operations and ensure suppliers are paid in accordance with terms and payments are recorded completely and accurately by the cost center.
- Liaise with the supply chain team and Tax functions to ensure Sales and VAT taxes are properly accounted for and paid to the relevant tax authorities.
- Work cross functionally with business partners and other functions such as FP&A, Tax, Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Logistics, Facilities, to ensure complete and accurate financial reporting per US GAAP.
- Maintain internal control best-practice financial accounting processes, and ensure compliance with SOX for all areas of ownership.
- Provide internal and external auditors with requested documentation on a timely basis.
- Manage, update and improve the travel and expense policy, expense reporting process and Corporate credit card program.
- Ensure all payroll and employee benefit costs and accruals are properly reflected in the general ledger.
- Leads the enhancement/automation of SAP modules for capital expenditure, GRIR, inventory and accounts payable.
- Collaborate with IT to maintain good system processes and controls and ensure continuous improvement for our accounting system environment.
- Assist the Finance team in developing budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with other projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration required. MS in Accounting or MBA in Accounting or Finance is a plus.
- CPA license and or equivalent professional certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum 15 years in financial and operational accounting with a mix of Big 4 and manufacturing experience a must.
- Working knowledge of SAP including inventory, Capex, and AP and AR modules a must
- Knowledge and experience of Blackline a must
- Strong ability to coach, mentor and develop team members.
- Proficient in MS suite of products.
- Highly organized and detail oriented and a self starter with strong desire to achieve results; passionate about quality, results and progress.
- Ability to identify and prioritize problems and recommend solutions and make effective decisions through understanding of the business requirements.
- Strong customer service skills and proficient in communicating at all levels in both oral and written forms.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $144,000 - $180,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.