We're Twelve, the carbon transformation company—a new kind of chemical company that makes things from air, not oil. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by transforming CO2 into critical materials, products and fuels.
When it comes to addressing climate change, carbon isn’t our nemesis. To the contrary, we see carbon as the element of change
. Carbon isn’t just the building block of life, it’s the building block of the chemicals, materials and fuels that make up our modern world and power innovation. From the spring in our running shoes to our favorite electronics, to building materials, electric car parts and fuels, carbon makes it possible. The problem is we get this carbon today from fossil fuels in the form of petrochemicals, which creates CO2 emissions and accelerates climate change.
Carbon transformation fundamentally changes this paradigm by sourcing carbon from CO2 instead of fossil fuels. By replacing the fossil carbon in critical chemicals with renewable, recycled carbon from CO2, we can eliminate emissions from thousands of essential products and set a new standard for how things get made in the climate era.
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is looking to build a series of eJet chemical process plants to hit their goal of 1 billion gallons of SAF in 10 years. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced Vice President of Plant Design to oversee the strategic aspects of our organization's commercial engineering team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of design and operations engineers in the design, construction/fabrication, procurement, and design improvement of our future eJet plants.
What you’ll do
- Leadership: Provide strategic direction and leadership to the plant design team, ensuring they have clear goals, scopes of work and objectives aligned with the company's overall mission and vision
- Plant Design and Construction: Oversee the planning, design, and construction of new plant facilities, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, stellar designs, and response to all issues or fixes
- Budgeting and Resource Management: Develop and manage the plant design team’s budget, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources towards building an in-house engineering team and product to meet operational needs and achieve business goals
- Innovation: Evaluate the best technologies for the plant (in combination with partners within / outside of Twelve) to select the best paths
- Compliance and Safety: Ensure compliance with all relevant safety regulations and standards, promoting a culture of safety awareness within designs and within the team
- Talent Development: Recruit, develop, and retain top engineering talent, providing coaching, mentoring, and professional development opportunities to enhance their skills and capabilities
- Vendor and Contractor Management: Collaborate with engineering procurement and construction contractors to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery of engineering services and materials
- Project Execution for the design of the plant: Lead and oversee major engineering design projects, coordinating with internal stakeholders, external partners, and contractors to ensure successful project execution within defined timelines and budgets
- Stakeholder Communication: Effectively communicate and collaborate with senior leadership, operations teams, and other key stakeholders to provide regular updates on plant engineering design activities, project progress, and performance metrics
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience (15+ years) in plant execution or a similar role, with a track record of success in leading complex engineering projects and teams.
- Strong knowledge of plant design, construction, and maintenance principles, as well as relevant industry regulations and standards.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve goals and deliver results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations and best practices.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $255,000 - $290,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at [email protected].
Potential Twelve Candidates, please be aware of potential recruiting scams. Twelve will never ask you for payment or your payment information in order to pursue a career here. If anyone has requested such a payment or payment information in relation to a Twelve position or if you believe that someone outside Twelve has impersonated a Twelve recruiter or employee, please contact [email protected]. Thank you and be safe!