We're Twelve, the carbon transformation company—a new kind of chemical company that makes things from air, not oil. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by transforming CO2 into critical materials, products and fuels.
When it comes to addressing climate change, carbon isn’t our nemesis. To the contrary, we see carbon as the element of change
. Carbon isn’t just the building block of life, it’s the building block of the chemicals, materials and fuels that make up our modern world and power innovation. From the spring in our running shoes to our favorite electronics, to building materials, electric car parts and fuels, carbon makes it possible. The problem is we get this carbon today from fossil fuels in the form of petrochemicals, which creates CO2 emissions and accelerates climate change.
Carbon transformation fundamentally changes this paradigm by sourcing carbon from CO2 instead of fossil fuels. By replacing the fossil carbon in critical chemicals with renewable, recycled carbon from CO2, we can eliminate emissions from thousands of essential products and set a new standard for how things get made in the climate era.
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
Twelve is looking to hire their first Vice President of Supply Chain. The VP of Supply Chain would be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the end-to-end supply chain operations of the company. This individual will play a critical role in developing and implementing strategic initiatives to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall supply chain performance for direct and indirect purchasing. The VP of Supply Chain will lead a team, collaborate with cross-functional departments, and build strong relationships with suppliers and partners to ensure seamless operations and the delivery of high-quality products and services.
What you will do
- Develop and execute a comprehensive supply chain strategy for technology development, manufacturing, plant facilities, field purchasing and corporate purchasing aligned with the company's overall business goals and objectives.
- Lead and manage the supply chain team, providing guidance, support, and development opportunities to ensure high performance and engagement.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, vendors, and partners to effectively manage sourcing, procurement, and logistics activities.
- Build inventory management practices to minimize stockouts, reduce carrying costs, and improve overall efficiency.
- Create a robust logistics plan that includes identifying and contracting with key logistics suppliers, optimizing global deliveries and trade / transportation compliance.
- Implement strategic sourcing initiatives to identify cost-saving opportunities, negotiate favorable contracts, and ensure the availability of high-quality materials and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including operations, and finance, to forecast and meet demand while maintaining cost targets.
- Drive process improvements and implement best practices to streamline supply chain operations, enhance productivity, and reduce lead times.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) related to supply chain performance, and develop action plans to address any identified gaps or areas for improvement.
- Support supplier negotiations at all levels within the team.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and regulatory changes that may impact the supply chain, and proactively develop strategies to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards in all supply chain activities.
- Develop and manage the supply chain budget, monitor expenses, and identify opportunities to optimize costs without compromising quality or service levels.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, engineering, business administration, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Proven experience (10+ years) in supply chain management, with at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of supply chain principles, practices, and technologies, including inventory management, demand planning, procurement, negotiations and logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute supply chain strategies that drive operational excellence and deliver measurable results.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a diverse group of professionals.
- Exceptional problem-solving, analytical, and strategic thinking abilities.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with a track record of achieving cost savings and favorable terms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in supply chain management software and tools.
- Strong business acumen and a customer-focused mindset.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
At Twelve, it's important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements, Twelve conducts exhaustive research to understand compensation markets. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $258,000 - $320,000
Please note that some pay bands may have wide ranges of compensation to accommodate candidate's diverse sets of skill levels.
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Want to work with us but don't see a current opening that fits your background? Email us at [email protected].
Potential Twelve Candidates, please be aware of potential recruiting scams. Twelve will never ask you for payment or your payment information in order to pursue a career here. If anyone has requested such a payment or payment information in relation to a Twelve position or if you believe that someone outside Twelve has impersonated a Twelve recruiter or employee, please contact [email protected]. Thank you and be safe!