RenewaFi’s mission is to decarbonize the world’s electrical grids by helping every business invest in renewable energy. For environmentally conscious companies, RenewaFi is a renewable energy marketplace that helps you buy renewable energy directly from solar/wind power plants. Instead of navigating the complex process yourself, RenewaFi helps you buy and sell renewable energy quickly, securely, and without unnecessary transaction fees.
As an engineer at RenewaFi you will be working on innovative software that will be used to accelerate our country’s transition to renewable energy. This is the ideal job for an engineer who is excited about building digital products that are genuinely innovative and first of their kind.
As an early member of our team, you will have a foundational impact on the code base and our company culture. The engineering decisions you make will be yours to see through, and the results of your work will be deployed in days, not weeks. Your thoughts and opinions about our product roadmap will be highly valued and important in shaping what we build. This is an opportunity to hone your engineering expertise while working on an impactful product.
This job offers an unparalleled opportunity for you to gain experience in renewables, startups and engineering. We are a supportive and passionate team looking for an engineer who can join us in helping to move our planet to a zero-carbon future.
RenewaFi is defining the future of renewable energy finance, and an essential part of that is prioritizing a workplace that embraces diversity of thought and identity. We believe in supporting people of varied backgrounds to grow meaningful careers wherein they are empowered to share perspectives that have been historically underrepresented in the tech and energy industries.
The organization we are building is one in which integrity, empathy and grit are valued above stamps on a resume. If you do not have every qualification in this listing, but share these values and are passionate about our mission, we want you to apply.
- Write fast and thoughtfully architected React components for organizing, visualizing and interacting with complex data
- Establish strong processes and design patterns that are scalable, future facing, and welcoming for other to collaborate on
- Stay current on renewable energy markets and care about our client’s needs
- Provide feedback on the development of our roadmap
- Participate and contribute to a work environment that is supportive, intellectually challenging, and highly iterative
- Good instincts for UX/UI
- Expertise in React with an understanding of where the framework is heading
- Deep understanding of modern browser rendering and the Document Object Model
- Strong knowledge of front-end security concepts and how to build a secure app that is resistant to attacks such as cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF)
- A knack for finding ways to improve the developer workflows through streamlining processes and implanting effective developer tools
- You care about open source and actively contribute to projects you find interesting
- Building data visualizations is fun for you and libraries like Chart.js or D3 are already in your toolkit
- Typescript keeps you calm and clears your head for bigger challenges
- Phrases like 'well-documented' and 'unit tests' help you sleep at night
- The AWS console is in your browser history and is just another tool for you to build cool web projects with
- Meaningful employee stock options
- 20 paid vacation days
- Flexible remote options
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health benefits
Legally authorized to work in the USA.