Electric mobility is the smart choice. We make it the easy one, too. So easy that someone plugs into our network every 1 second. Since 2007, we’ve focused solely on building the best electric vehicle (EV) charging experience for everyone involved in the shift to electric.
Join us in shaping the future of mobility. If you'd like to learn more about what it's like to build the new fueling network, check out our Engineering Blog: www.chargepoint.com/engineering
With electric vehicles expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint (NYSE: CHPT) is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for every charging need across North America and Europe. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on making the transition to electric easy for businesses, fleets and drivers. ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create an all-electric future and a trillion-dollar market.
At ChargePoint, we foster a positive and productive work environment by committing to live our values of Be Courageous, Charge Together, Love our Customers, Operate with Openness, and Relentlessly Pursue Awesome. These values guide how we show up every day, align, and work together to build a brighter future for all of us.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future - check out our Engineering Blog.
Director, Software Engineering.
Together with the team you will build next generation of world-class EV technology products in the realm of Energy Management. This field of expertise includes building advanced load management solutions and dynamic optimization processes, all based on cutting edge technology. We are looking for someone who is adventurous and eager to learn and try out things. Furthermore, your analytical and solution-oriented approach make you an excellent self-starter and a mentor to the team members. Come help make our team better by designing a real time distributed system, conducting code reviews, contributing to documentation and improving our development process.
What is Expected of You
- As a senior member you need to be someone whom team can look up for guidance both technically and as a mentor for carrier growth. You would need to be a go-to mentor/design consultant for not just your team but also in the peer groups.
- As a senior member you will be involved in major initiatives and opportunities where you will be required to show your well-rounded skills in communication, technology and execution to take a project from inception to general availability to customers.
- You will be key contributor to do system level design and bring in industry leading standard(s) and solution(s) to help design new solutions and help scale ChargePoint to support real time communications with millions of charging stations.
- As a member of Energy Management team, you will be working as a representative of the Cloud platform services and will be someone who is leading large projects across verticals. You are expected to execute large initiatives by reaching out to cross functional team(s) like Product, Embedded platform, Quality, Support and Operations and to not just resolve their concerns but work with them to define and build better solutions.
- You’ll work on code that’s closest to the business. This includes building and maintaining real-time Energy Management solutions, providing a dynamic and real-time solution that maximizes efficiency of EV charging.
- As a senior member you are expected to make our team better by contributing to code reviews, documentation, and development process. You would also be a champion of overall organizational principals in both defining and upholding them.
- Design and write code for high-quality Realtime applications, create robust applications, and develop functional prototypes quickly.
- Introduce new and cutting-edge technologies to help ChargePoint cloud make scalable and highly available solutions to handle large amount of real-time data and communication.
- Mentor junior developers and continuously improve software engineering practices
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of current systems to new products and services
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards, processes and systems
- Work with the Product team to design and spec new functionality.
- Work with QA to understand and deliver the work in a given timeline.
- Participate in all phases of development, from design to implementation, unit testing, and release.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent degree or experience
- At least 9 years of industry experience, preferably in e-mobility
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Kotlin but Java or even Scala are fine too
- Experience with either Spring Boot or Kafka (Kafka Streams)
- Familiarity with web services (REST, gRPC, WS), distributed systems, micro services and domain-driven and event-driven design
- AWS or any other cloud dev experience is important
- Experience with Go, Typescript or Python is a plus
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, NoSQL, GraphQL or Prometheus are a plus
- Working knowledge of different kinds of databases i.e. Relational, In-memory, NoSql etc
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only - Recruiting agencies do not contact.