Pivot Bio is the leading nitrogen innovator providing farmers and the world with a better nitrogen for improved productivity and sustainability
About Pivot Bio:
Fueled by an innovative drive and a deep understanding of the soil microbiome, Pivot Bio is pioneering game-changing advances in agriculture. Our products harness the power of naturally occurring microbes to provide nutrients to crops and new sustainable ways for farmers to reduce the usage of fertilizers as they work to help feed the world’s growing population. Read/Hear more about Pivot Bio on Forbes or PBS News Hour.
Position: Senior Manager, Facilities and Environmental Health, Safety & Security
As the Sr. Manager of Facilities and Environmental, Health, Safety & Security at Pivot Bio, you will lead and monitor the Facilities, EHS & Security Programs. Our rapidly expanding teams in our labs, greenhouses, warehouses, and offices will rely on your guidance as we scale our safety culture.
- Ensure EHS guidelines and procedures are standardized, current, accurate, compliant and effectively communicated
- Provide technical and regulatory expertise in developing EHS continuous improvement processes and determining needed follow up activities associated with EHS incidents, agency inspections, and/or internal/external audits.
- Exercise a leadership, coordination, and communication role with the internal organization, as well as other business partners to drive continuous EHS improvement across the organization
- Participate in the development of leading and lagging Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that deliver best in class EHS performance and demonstrate a high level of urgency around needed EHS paradigm culture shift change.
- Manage and coordinate facility maintenance, repairs, maintenance of facilities located in Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, and Missouri. This includes oversight of service providers for facility and lab operations in designated areas.
- Develop asset management program for facility and laboratory equipment.
- Manage capital improvements including user requirements, design and construction
- Responsible for proactively identifying and driving corrective and preventative action to EHS issues.
- Assure risk management and business continuity processes are applied, coach incident response capabilities into the regional teams, analyze incident data, and develop actionable solutions.
- Coach leaders at all levels within the organization and use strong influencing skills around EHS goals/values and that a strong EHS culture ensures business productivity targets can be met
- Provide industrial hygiene monitoring services covering potential chemical exposure, biological survey, noise and indoor air quality monitoring, applying industrial hygiene data for continuous improvement of safe operations.
- Develop and manage physical security programs which include, but not limited to site risk assessment, minimum security requirements and response.
- Serve as a member of Business Continuity Management Committee
- As part of the facility team, provide guidance on local environmental laws and permitting requirements.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time
- Job will involve mostly office and computer-based work
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, or fingers
- Sedentary work that involves sitting/standing
- Communicating with others to exchange information
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required, relevant Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of broad environmental, health and safety experience. Certification may count towards years of experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with EHS Management systems and their deployment
- 5+ years of people management experience with a track record of building and leading a high performing team
- Certification as a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Environmental Professional (CEP)
- Project Management experience in a high-growth fast-scaling environment, with expertise in scoping, leading and delivering complex programs, as well as a proven track record of project management skills from conception and design through implementation, measurement and continuous improvement. Certification as a project management professional (PMP) preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence various levels of stakeholders, including C-Suite
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi state EHS regulations, programs, and people
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, handling multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Travel up to 50% during the first year (dependent on business needs and fluctuation)
*Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
*Internal employees, please apply by clicking on the Internal Job Board icon on NSIDER
All remote positions and those not located in our Berkeley, Hayward or Boston locations are paid based on National Benchmark data. Following employment, growth beyond the hiring range is possible based on performance.
Hiring Compensation Range