By growing meat directly from animal cells we're making future-friendly, real meat that makes you and the world smile. We stand for all of the good, and none of the bad. UPSIDE Foods is making our favorite food a force for good.
Based in Berkeley, CA, UPSIDE Foods grows meat, poultry, and seafood directly from real animal cells. These products are not vegan or vegetarian—they are delicious meat, made without the need to raise and slaughter billions of animals. In doing so, the company aims to address some of the most pressing environmental, animal welfare, and public health challenges, while still giving people the meat they love.
Founded as the world’s first cultivated meat company in 2015, UPSIDE Foods (formerly Memphis Meats) has achieved numerous industry-defining milestones, including being the first company to produce multiple species of meat (beef, chicken, and duck) and to sell a cultivated meat product in the United States. The company believes that people shouldn’t have to choose between the foods they love and a thriving planet, and is working to build a better food system with access to delicious, humane, and sustainable meat, poultry, and seafood.
UPSIDE Foods has won various industry awards, including New York Times’ Good Tech Awards, FastCo’s Next Big Thing in Tech and World Changing Ideas Awards, and the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources. UPSIDE Foods has raised a total of $608 million, including from the Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG), Baillie Gifford, Bill Gates, Cargill, John Doerr, John Mackey, Kimbal and Christiana Musk, Norwest, Richard Branson, Softbank, Temasek, Threshold, Tyson Foods, and others.
About this job
UPSIDE has grown fast over the last two years, and the momentum continues! The Senior ERP Business Analyst will work cross-functionally to align our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system with our business objectives. We’re looking for someone who enjoys solving problems, working cross-functionally, and diving into the details. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our Teams at our manufacturing facilities to identify opportunities for process improvement, gather requirements, and translate them into effective ERP solutions. Your expertise will drive the successful implementation, configuration, and enhancement of ERP systems, ensuring seamless operations and supporting our company's growth trajectory. Lastly, and most importantly, our ideal teammate will bring a sense of enthusiasm and integrity to this position and our organization.
- Lead ERP implementation projects/changes, including system configuration, testing, and deployment, while ensuring minimal disruption to ongoing operations.
- Maintain data to ensure accurate and consistent business analytics/reporting.
- Collaborate with various departments (manufacturing, quality, supply chain, finance, sales, distribution) teams to understand business processes, needs, and pain points, and identify opportunities for efficiency gains through ERP solutions.
- Provide training and support to end-users to maximize their proficiency in using the ERP system; Troubleshoot and resolve user-reported issues promptly.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, and workflows to enhance system functionality.
- 6+ years of ERP experience, Dynamics 365 Business Central or Dynamics NAV ERP experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics) and their implementation. Biotech and food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience working across sales and distribution, finance, planning, quality, warehousing, and production workflows in an ERP system.
- Proficiency in gathering and documenting user requirements, analyzing operational procedures, developing business process solutions, preparing flowcharts, making system configurations, and leading the design and execution of testing cycles.
- Project management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter with a commitment to continuous learning and takes a proactive approach to staying abreast of emerging technologies.
Who you’ll work with
- This is a highly cross-functional role that will work with our Manufacturing, Planning, Operations, Food Safety/Quality, Supply Chain, and IT teams.
Key Contributions in the First Year
Identify gaps and enhancements for planning
Scope and plan enhancements to enable real-time transactions
Enable ERP analytics reporting
Ensure ERP system is ready for commercial launch
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.