Loam works with 4.5 billion years of evolution to solve the climate crisis. Microbes have changed the composition of our atmosphere through earth’s history. At Loam, we are ensuring these organisms can do it again. Through a better understanding of how microbes influence the carbon cycle, we can create new planetary-scale opportunities for carbon sequestration and improve agricultural productivity.
At Loam, we have the earth in our hands. As a team of scientists, farmers, and entrepreneurs, we are on a mission to revolutionize agriculture and address climate change. Through our cutting-edge microbial technology, we are enhancing soil health, boosting crop yields, and sequestering carbon to create a sustainable future for farming. We are committed to empowering farmers and promoting regenerative practices that benefit both the environment and their bottom line.
As a fast-growing agricultural startup, Loam offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment where innovation and passion thrive. We embrace diversity and believe that our collective expertise and shared commitment can make a significant impact on the global agricultural landscape.
Join us on this exciting journey as we transform agriculture and build a sustainable future together.
About the Role:
The Research Associate, Field Trials will be working in a both field and laboratory settings, serving as an integral member of the Research and Development team in the field of microbiology and biotechnology. This position, at an associate level, involves carrying out various technical tasks and providing support in projects related to microbial formulations, development, production, and testing.
- Planning and executing logistics and managing workflows of on-farm trials, including monitoring calculations, creating materials for treatments, and processing treatments for delivery
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance with all communicated permitting, protocol, and safety standards
- Supporting growers in the execution on-farm trials, via product delivery, seed treating, and protocol development
- Collecting growing season data, taking trial observations periodically, and working closely with data management team to transfer observations
- Information collation and reporting periodically and on completion of on-farm trials
- Managing incoming datasets, working across databases to ensure efficiency in analysis
- Writing or adjusting protocols relevant to your work area
- Managing contracts and building relationships across functional teams and growers
- A Bachelor's or Masters's degree in science (microbiology/agriculture/biotechnology/food science/molecular biology) or a related field.
- A passion for microbiology, agriculture, plant and soil science, and a commitment to addressing climate change through biotechnology
- Knowledge and experience working in a Biological Saftey Cabinet with fungi or bacteria will be advantageous.
- Familiarity with microbial production and relevant quality control/quality assurance (QC/QA) requirements will be beneficial.
- Proficiency in conducting laboratory experiments related to microbial product development and production.
- Ability to contribute to research projects by providing technical support and generating reports.
- Flexibility in approach to work, including collaborating with others on research projects.
- Strong skills in working with datasets, monitoring, verification, and reporting.
- Strong time management and progress reporting ability
- Accuracy and completeness of documentation per protocol expectations
- Ability to network and collaborate through in person and remote interactions (email, chats, phone, video conference etc)
- Excellent microbial laboratory skills (sterile technique, record keeping, adherence to protocols, etc.)
- Opportunity to make a significant impact and grow within a pioneering ag-tech startup organization
- Competitive salary package
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid time off, 401K with company match, short-term/long-term life insurance
- Collaborative and highly engaging work environment with opportunities to work across international teams
- A culture that promotes work/life balance, celebrates diversity, and offers numerous family-oriented events throughout the year
Why you should join us:
We're tackling some of the most challenging issues of our time, and we're doing it with a team that's passionate about making a difference. If you're looking for a role where you can use your skills to contribute to a mission that matters, we'd love to hear from you.
Loam Bio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.