Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst to support our airline business. You will partner with the airline business to assess and implement various software solutions. You will possess expertise with Maintenance Information Systems, Flight Operations and crew systems, with technical understanding of the business unit’s systems, capabilities and respective technologies. As the Airline Business Systems Analyst, you will be the Subject Matter Expert for all Airline activities, supporting the airline business users, and functioning as a key member on project teams throughout the project lifecycle (Discover, Prepare, Explore, Realize, Deploy and Run).
- Lead and manage all aspects of Archer Air projects from discovery to deployment and support.
- Analyze complex business problems / processes and translate business requirements into workable application solutions.
- Partner with and provide guidance to business teams, and act as the translator between Airline and IT teams to ensure business requirements are communicated properly.
- Conduct root cause analysis, recommend process improvements, redesign and automation.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to facilitate project progress and ensure integrated solution design and implementation.
- Design integrations between Airline application solutions and other application solutions such as ERP and PLM.
- Provide ongoing operational support to the Airline team
- Develop project related documentation for GAP analysis, functional design documents, functional specifications for development activities including reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.
- Develop and execute functional end to end test scripts and perform unit testing, integration and regression testing, including build test cases, executing tests, and making changes to configuration and or processes as needed.
- Train the end user community in the conversion and implementation of new processes.
- Collaborate with Application Managed Services providers to quickly resolve critical operational issues that impact business functions.
- Understanding of Airline business principles and context (i.e. Flight, Crew, Maintenance, Operations)
What you need:
- BS/BA, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training
- Industry Solution Knowledge - You have at least a conceptual understanding of IT applications supporting the airline industry, their primary user functions, and the supporting technology platform as a basis for delivering robust and reliable solutions
- 10 or more years IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- 5 or more years IT Business Systems Analysis experience
- Teamwork - You work well in a collaborative setting, supporting the team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer
- Technical Expertise - You demonstrate a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practice
- Ability to be detailed in a fast-paced environment
- Greenfield implementation experience of Airline applications
- In-depth knowledge of Flight Crew Scheduling, Aircraft Movement Control, Flight Planning, Maintenance Information, and Training and Qualification Systems in support of a highly regulated airline operation.
- Familiarity with enterprise airline operations systems such as Sabre, NavBlue, CAE, IBS iFlight, TRAX, AMOS, and/or Jeppesen and peripheral knowledge of airline reservation system elements such as PSS and departure control.
- Preferred CISSP, CISA, or CISM
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $180,000 - $205,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.