Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is looking for an Engineering Data Scientist with experience in training advanced models of physical systems to apply their skills to our energy storage products. This position is within the Product Design group and will provide support to our Core Modelling team, which predicts the behavior of battery-based electrical energy storage ‘Cores’, and tracks performance of Fluence’s fleet of batteries. Responsibilities include:
· Export, clean and organize large sets of field data, and through analysis reveal actionable information about the performance of Fluence products, including configuration limitations, asset availability, round trip efficiency, and more.
· Develop new models of physical systems, and extend established models to new applications, and implement advanced computing techniques to improve model accuracy and performance.
· Work with electrical engineers, battery engineers, and systems engineers to evaluate the combined behavior of complex grid-scale battery energy storage systems.
· Support hardware testing, test plan development, testing strategy, and prototype evaluations.
· Communicate, document findings clearly and take ownership of data-driven design recommendations which increase Fluence’s competitive advantage.
· Collaborate within cross-functional teams (Sales, Engineering, etc.), and communicate with stakeholders to understand their requirements.
· Support development of Product Guides and other documentation related to product operation and performance, for use by customers and internal stakeholders. Support sales operations by incorporating key performance metrics into Fluence’s technical sales tools.
· Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
Job Qualifications & Skills
· Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, or another quantitative field.
· 3+ years of work experience with scientific modeling of physical systems using large data sets of electrical, chemical, or mechanical engineering data.
· Working knowledge of Python (required), and tabular databases.
· Knowledge of data structures, coding best practices, and key tools, such as GitHub, AWS
· Ability to work collaboratively in remote teams.
· Fluency in English.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.