Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Director, Corporate Accounting, you will:
· Develop, direct, and optimize the worldwide month-end financial close and consolidation process
· Strategically recruit and develop a global team providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship
· Implement global SOX processes to meet the compliance needs of a rapidly growing recent IPO company
· Lead the monthly cycle review process providing corporate governance over the financial and accounting results of the company
· Monitor and quality review the performance of key accounting controls across all global functions, ensuring quality improvement and consistency in performance
· Collaborate with IT to create dashboards monitoring key metrics for stakeholders to understand the financial health of the business
· Responsible for ensuring the accurate and efficient accounting for corporate owned accounting processes and consolidation of all global general ledgers
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, IT, and operations, to develop worldwide warranty accounting processes
· Identify areas for automation and work with the finance and IT teams to implement process improvements and automation opportunities
· Partners with internal / external stakeholders to provide strategic leadership on control weakness / error remediation and enhancement of controls.
· Facilitate training and effectively communicate changes in key controls and accounting processes across global functions
· Develop process documentation and training guides for global accounting and finance team
· Coordinate and assist with internal and external audits, ensuring a smooth audit process addressing audit findings
· Key stakeholder in the SAP configuration and design that will impact accounting processes and controls downstream
· Involvement in purchase accounting for potential acquisitions and the accounting and finance integration of acquired entities
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence? Minimum of 10 years of experience CPA preferred Self-starter with a proven track record of grit and determination to drive process improvementAbility to manage multiple projects with tight timelinesAbility to work well in a fast paced, team centered environment Ability to communicate and collaborate with all levelsSelf starter that can implement a vision by working with cross functional business partners to drive changeDemonstrated ability in managing accounting and financial reporting functions, including support in business administration, managing audits, and ERP customizationsEnsuring compliance with the company’s accounting policy and its implementation according to the latest GAAP requirements Advanced knowledge and skill with excel and the ability to automate tasksDemonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, business administration, or equivalent training