Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This position reports to the Director of Commercial Project Management and is responsible for supporting Commercial Project Managers with the administrative financial tasks of large projects. This includes setting up and maintaining projects in NetSuite, updating reporting tools, supporting purchasing and shipping transactions and information gathering for various commercial topics. The position requires close working relationships with the Commercial Project Managers and the Project Managers of the various projects. This role requires a background in accounting & finance working with construction projects.
· Provide transactional NetSuite support including set-up of new projects, new customers and new vendors
· Provide NetSuite maintenance for project budgets, sales orders and milestone billings
· Support the purchase order process as required including processing goods receipts
· Assist in shipping processes (commercial invoices and packing lists)
· Assist in preparation of documentation necessary for guarantees and insurance
· Assist in gathering information to support claims, liquidated damages requests, change orders etc
· Update financial information in Salesforce (project reporting tool)
· Provide ad-hoc reconciliations, reporting and analysis
Assist in tax assessment process
Assist in inventory reconciliation
· 3-5 Years of experience in a financial role for large projects
· BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related experience
· Strong Microsoft Office skills including advanced Excel skills
· Working knowledge of project accounting methods
· Working knowledge of project related activities
· Organized and detail-oriented
· Solid time-management skills
· Strong ability to multi-task
· A self-starter with a high degree of energy and careful attention to detail
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.