Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on eliminating the need for fossil fuels in heavy industry and powering a sustainable future. The company’s AI-enabled, modular concentrated solar technology aims to cost-effectively deliver near 24/7 carbon-free energy in the form of heat, power, or green hydrogen fuel at scale – for the first time in history.
In November 2020, TIME included Heliogen’s HelioHeat™ technology on its Best Inventions of 2020 list. In April 2020, Fast Company selected Heliogen as a recipient of a 2020 World Changing Ideas Award for its technology. The company won the Energy category.
Heliogen is a renewable energy technology company focused on decarbonizing industry and empowering a sustainable civilization. Powered by AI,Heliogen’s concentrating solar thermal solutions turn sunlight into heat, steam, power or green hydrogen fuel to help industries such as mining, cement, steel, and transportation transition to clean energy. For a seeking to have a meaningful impact on climate change and the health of humanity and our planet, Heliogen offers the opportunity to address global challenges through collaboration with a world-class, dynamic team of forward-thinking leaders.
You Aspire To:
Responsible and accountable for providing procurement solution expertise and delivering maximum value for Indirect good and services. Your responsibilities will include determining the category strategy that helps to deliver optimal business value, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, and quality assurance. You will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand and fulfilment.
- Manage strategic sourcing initiatives which include but not limited to gathering sourcing requirements, vendor screening, preparing and conducting RFx’s, negotiations, manage supplier relationships, and contract development and execution
- Analyze spend and market intelligence data to take internal needs to market and pursue and qualify new suppliers who meet Heliogen requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with key suppliers through development of SLAs and KPIs
- Process purchase requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Review quotes and secures the most competitive bids
- Analyze purchase requisitions and review for accuracy and completion
- Identify value improvement and costs savings opportunities across spend categories to achieve annual financial targets
- Analyze market trends and provide internal business partners with clear insight into cost drivers, risks, and opportunities
- Manage and drive Continuous Cost Reduction and Competitiveness towards the goals from Management, throughout the project life cycle
- Take an active role in develop and supporting efficient standardized req-to-pay processes
- Support implementation of new processes and systems, QA and CSR & sustainability requirements
- Maintain collaborative relationships with suppliers while effectively resolving supplier performance/capability issues to ensure alignment with internal stakeholder expectations and contractual obligations.
The activities above will often include both US and international suppliers. The suppliers may be providing materials to both Heliogen locations and other supplier locations around the world. The final Heliogen product installation sites will also be at Heliogen and customer locations around the world.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain Management, economics, business administration, statistics, manufacturing, or associated Engineering Discipline
- Previous indirect purchasing buyer experience
- 3 years’ experience in a Supply Chain, Procurement, or Strategic purchasing position with use and development of associated purchasing/inventory forecasting/part tracking systems.
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills, developing lasting supplier relationships and cost-effective supply strategies
- Excellent communicator, ability to lead in an environment of in-direct control, analytical, fact based with an attention to detail
- Strong project management skills – familiar with scope definition, task tracking, stakeholder updates, etc.
- Strong negotiator, able to interpret, analyze, and negotiate contractual cost/commercial elements
- Excellent problem solving and data analysis skills and the ability to multi-task
- Startup company experience is highly desirable.
- Indirect procurement experience in any of the following functions: Facilities Management, MRO/Capex Information Technology, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Services and Travel
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Experience using Oracle
- Certifications from CPSM, CPIM, and/or CSCP
- Experience in an automotive, aerospace, and/or consumer goods manufacturing environment.
California only full-time salary range:
Buyer between $70,000 - $100,000 + equity + benefits.
Senior Buyer between $90,000 - $130,000 + equity + benefits.
Heliogen was created at Idealab, the leading technology incubator, and became a public company (NYSE: HLGN) in December 2021. For more information about Heliogen, please visit heliogen.com.