Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Full lifecycle safety critical software components for the flight software, including flight controls, battery management systems, motor controls and actuators
- Participate in creating verification strategies, plans and procedures, including test equipment and environments, as well as scheduling, prioritizing, and tracking the project
- Write, review, validate and verify item requirements of high level and low level software requirements to ensure compliance with DO-178C
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, verify, and validate complex hardware/software systems
- Perform software analyses, requirements-based testing, and structural coverage analysis
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our processes to increase safety and efficiency
- Collaborate with quality and certification teams
- Collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- Degree in engineering or related field
What you need:
- 5+ years of experience in a related field
- At least a BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree
- Fluency with widely used scripting languages like bash and Python
- Experience with full lifecycle safety critical software complying with safety standards like DO-178C or ISO 26262
- Experience developing verification strategies and test environments including hardware in the loop, including tool qualification (DO-330)
- Familiarity with debuggers and lab instruments
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience working on software for Flight Control, Motor Control, or Battery Management systems
- Experience with modeling tools/certification (DO-331)
- Familiarity with Tool Qualification (DO-330)
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and multi-threading
- Experience with DO-254
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $148,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.