Our 3D printing technology, advanced materials, and robotic automation make beautiful and sustainable homes a reality for all.
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We're looking for an Accounting & Payments Specialist.
As Accounting & Payments Specialist, you will be responsible for Accounting for our Mexican subsidiary and MB’s global payments and bank account reconciliations.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will have dual responsibility for supervising our outsourced financial accounting for our factory operations in Monterrey, Mexico, as well as for executing our global payments.
- We anticipate that each role will initially be approximately 50% of your time.
- You will be embedded into our Finance Service Center in Monterrey, where we are building a central team for our global Finance operations.
Accounting Specialist Mexico
- As our Accounting Specialist Mexico, you will supervise and coordinate the outsourced accounting for our office and factory operations in Monterrey, Mexico, to ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting.
- You will ensure compliance with MB’s global and local accounting policies, monitor correct accounting to the right GL accounts and cost centers, and accurate reconciliation of all transactions.
- You will also guide the external provider in preparing the reports required for MB’s accounting, FP&A, treasury, and tax purposes. In doing so, you will work closely with the various stakeholders both in MB Mexico and in the U.S.
- Review and validate local payroll payments
- Travel / Card expenses review
- Monitor local bank balances and cash outflows
- Monitor and follow up local VAT refunds
Global Payments Specialist
- As our Global Payments Specialist you will be responsible for ensuring all payments are completed on time and accurately. You will prepare and execute weekly payment runs and ad-hoc payments through our IT systems, and as previously approved by the business through these IT systems.
- You will work with our Head of Treasury Operations in establishing an IT-based process for reconciling bank statements on a daily basis, to ensure accuracy of payments and balances. You will investigate, follow up and resolve variances which come up as a result of daily Payments and Reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will support Treasury in updating its IT-based liquidity forecast and ensuring its accuracy with regards to current values and projections.
- Together with our Head of Treasury Operations, you will continue to refine the company’s payment policy and processes, in order to further improve a secure and closed, technology-based process for payments, with weekly payment runs, 4-eye principle, and cutoff limit-based signatory rights for all payments made by all entities within Mighty Buildings Group.
- Together with our Head of Treasury Operations and the VP Digital Transformation you will define the requirements and process-designs for payments-related IT.
- You will support the month-end cut-off schedules of all cash-related accounts, all month-end processes, and all related journal entries. You will also assist other departments (e.g., AP, AR, Accounting, FP&A) with month-end, quarter-end and ad-hoc information requests as needed
- As a member of our Monterrey Finance Service Center, you will contribute to building a first-class team, with strong values of professionalism, transparency, and accuracy. You will be part of an enthusiastic team, which is excited to change the home building industry for being more sustainable, scalable and cost effective.
- Accounting undergraduate degree, or CPA, or several years of on-the-job accounting training
- Minimum three years in financial accounting
- Multi-year experience in managing payments and bank account reconciliations, bank relations, and payment providers
- Strong accounting and financial analysis skills, being able to synthesize data from different sources
- Strong understanding of process workflow, why controls are needed and how to design controls
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Impeccable personal record and references. Personal records will have to be provided and will be researched.
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets. Proficiency with standard ERP systems, online banking portals and online payment platforms