Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Perform motor and drive unit testing on dynos
- Setup equipment and devices for environmental and vibration tests
- Review data and create test reports
- Troubleshoot and debug test setups
- Work with Design engineering on custom test configurations
- Design and build basic lab fixtures and tools
- Procure, install, organize and maintain test equipment
- Maintain a clean, safe and useable lab and shop space
- Perform routine maintenance of testing equipment
- Support engineering activities including prototype development, proof of concept studies, process and assembly validation.
What you need:
- Associate’s Degree, or equivalent extensive practical experience as a testing technician
- Direct hands on build experience with mechanical and electronic assemblies
- Experience with product testing, including (but not limited to):
- Environmental stress testing
- Electrical testing
- Mechanical / structural testing
- Dyno testing
- Preferred: Valid High Voltage training certificate from an OEM or demonstrated working knowledge of battery powered systems
- Excellent documentation and written communication; proficient using Microsoft Office
- Preferred: Basic CAD design experience (i.e. NX, Catia, Solidworks)
- Familiarity with 5S or similar workplace organization methods
- Experience following all aspects of maintenance safety protocol (LOTO, 5S, Arc Flash, etc.).
- Ability to occasionally conduct physically demanding test activities and ability to lift 50 lbs
- Direct experience with aviation builds and assembly
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $30.00 - $42.00/hour. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.