Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the architecture, design, integration and test of the Archer aircraft state estimation system including all the sensors used for piloting and navigation.
- Author and take responsibility for the system-level and item-level product requirements, defining and validating requirements for the aircraft sensors and state estimation software including sensor selection, voting, monitoring, fault detection, and sensor fusion.
- Ensure the requirement set is complete and correct, with traceability to and fulfilling business, technical, and operational objectives.
- Coordinate with other Systems Engineers to ensure the fully integrated system meets its requirements and is optimized.
- Contribute to writing system level verification plan and procedures, including formal requirements verification, end-to-end robustness testing, performance analysis, production acceptance test procedures
- Contribute to the integration and test of the state estimation system, support aircraft integration and flight test campaigns.
- Support development of compliance documentation such as the system certification plan, system compliance checklists, system review reports, system descriptions, issue paper development and responses
- Support development and review of aircraft level technical documentation such as aircraft manuals and procedures.
What we are looking for:
- Collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Passion for learning and problem solving
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Experience working on 14 CFR parts 23/25/91/135 and applicable guidance materials
- Deep Technical knowledge and experience working with Air Data Systems and its environmental operating conditions
- Technical knowledge of aircraft sensor types including ADAHRS, INS, GNSS, Weight on Wheels (WOW), Radar Altimeters
- Experience working on filters and sensor fusion algorithms such as Kalman Filters
- Experience working on computer architecture, embedded software, communication standards and protocols
- Experience working on ARP-4754A, DO-254 / DO-178C standards
- Experience working on DO-160G qualification standard
- Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink
- Experience developing or working with highly integrated aerospace systems
- Experience executing formal Validation and Verification activities in a civil aerospace program
- Familiarity with Python or similar scripting languages
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $164,000 $205,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.