Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
- Manage Design Engineering activities to ensure completion of customer and business requirements
- Emphasis on team building through effective connections and communications
- Responsible and accountable for the Product design and budget; establish operational and financial objectives for business
- Partners with Sr. leadership to establish strategic plans, making decisions on implementation and ensuring operational effectiveness. Effectively cascades functional strategy to team.
- Hands on Designer by experience who can lead by example and design alongside the team and check work.
- Execute an operational strategy that exceeds industry leading performance in cost
- Lead projects and initiatives in support of the Design Engineering and group strategies
- Build organization capability through assessment and management of key leadership positions, coaching of Design Engineering leaders and strategic development actions
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff – taking corrective action as necessary and in a timely manner in accordance with company policy
- Ensures compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations – consulting with the Human Resources Department as appropriate
- Reports directly to the Sr. Director of Design Engineering.
- Previous management experience
- Minimum of +10 years of Leadership in Design Engineering
- Experience leading Motor and or Transmission Design
- 6+ years of demonstrated successful people management experience – including experience managing organizations larger than 20 team members
- Strong operational and financial acumen, executive presence, and the ability to lead multiple locations
- Hands-on experience developing and managing budgets with responsibility for cost performance
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills
- Strong leadership skills along with proven capability to deliver results and build high performance teams
- Background in driving continuous improvement activities to improve Design for manufacturing
- Strong bias for action, can communicate vision clearly, and be a driver of change
- Agile leadership style; able to adjust one’s approach to fit the situation as a driver, coach, mentor, or teacher
- Applicable education and background.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 requirements
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $ 176,000 $ 220,000 . Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.