Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
This role is a hybrid role whereby you will be expected to go into the Erlangen/Berlin office 2/3 times a week
The Sr. Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will be responsible for executing the people strategy across the EMEA Fluence organization. This role will be the driver on all HR matters within the business unit, which includes everything from engagement initiatives to employee relations, talent management, organizational design, and training and development. The HRBP will collaborate with the global HR Centre of Excellence Teams as a strategic partner to drive forward the goals of Fluence. This role will report to the HRVP EMEA and will focus on our Germany market and our growth countries. Understanding the German labor law is key.
As the Sr Human Resources Business Partner, you will:
· Deeply understand the business goals of the unit and strategically recommend and implement HR strategy to support the growth and success Fluence EMEA
· Partner closely with the Talent Acquisition team on recruiting strategy, employer brand and interview process, evaluating and pivoting as necessary to support hiring goals
· Design and own talent management within business unit, which will include partnering with senior leadership on: career ladders, compensation and levelling, and organizational planning and design
· Drive Centre of Excellence programs to the business unit, such as succession planning, biannual review process, development opportunities and broader culture initiatives
· Lead various initiatives to support employee engagement and retention, such as onboarding, employee surveys, exit interviews and team building
· Monitor and analyze attrition, engagement, and other key HR and recruitment metrics to effectively make recommendations to senior leadership
· Advise and influences leaders to ensure that core HR processes are HR People Department in developing the relevant programs and processes.
· Plan, prepare and manage Works Council activities in Germany including identifying if issues require information, advise or consent.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on a broad range of ER issues, including performance management, internal investigations, long term absence, disciplinary actions, involuntary terminations, severance, redundancy and consultation processes.
· Actively involved in our growth strategy and manage all the people elements of a new country entry.
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
7+ years of Human Resources experience; 3+ years in a start-up or tech environment is preferred
Demonstrated aptitude for learning with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigating ambiguous situations
Elevated level of comfort collaborating and influencing senior leaders.
Ability to work independently and has a high sense of personal accountability
Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis
Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
Capable of handling confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Ability to resolve unforeseen event situations in a calm manner.
Self-directed problem solver with ability to produce timely, high-quality deliverables.
Knowledge of and/or experience with employment law in Europe (with strong focus on Germany)
The ability to collaborate effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management while be highly achievement oriented and solution driven.
Organized and detail-oriented with ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of quality, speed, and flexibility for change.
Fluency in both English and German
Passion, energy, and dedication to sustainability, health, safety, and operating responsibly.
Healthy sense of humor!
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.