Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Commission Fluence Projects working in cooperation with multiple project stakeholders including Fluence construction managers, contractors, suppliers, telecommunication teams, control systems teams, etc.
- Develop and execute commissioning plans including resourcing and scheduling.
- Lead commissioning effort to achieve commercial operations, and handover from delivery/construction team to the O&M team for each project.
- Define, develop and execute testing protocols based on market rules, local utility requirements, off-taker and third-party supply contracts
- Oversee complete commissioning and acceptance testing of the following systems:
o Project networks, communications, and control systems;
o Balance of plant relay protection, metering, HVAC, fire suppression, and electrical systems;
o Battery subsystem;
o Inverter subsystem.
- Perform electricity market and/or off-taker qualification testing as required for the project to commence commercial operations.
- Travel throughout EMEA and internationally
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering (Bachelor / Master) or an equivalent training
- Min. 15 years of relevant work experience
- Relevant knowledge in the area of battery storage systems, inverter, switchgear for low and medium voltage
- Excellent knowledge of the battery energy storage related standards and regulations of the VDE, IEC, IEEE in general
- Willingness to continously improve and develop the professional skills
- Ability to convince others through initiative, constructive criticism, collegiality, decision-making ability, result orientation and a high level of quality awareness
- Professional reporting and excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Fluency in both English and German
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.