Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
The Sr. Power Electronics Engineer will be directly involved in the product development engineering of utility scale energy storage solutions, including:
· Determine detailed technical requirements for power electronic converters
· Review inverter technical documentation to determine compliance with requirements and evaluate technical characteristics
· Verify inverter functionality and performance characteristics by testing at Fluence’s own testing facilities and/or supplier facilities
· Develop deep understanding of inverter operations and provide guidance to the Product teams on inverter integration into the Fluence products
· Work with major power converter system suppliers on modifications or improvements to their products to ensure optimal integration with Fluence system design
· Together with test engineers develop tests, optimize standard test procedures and perform product testing, including involvement in hands on lab testing during evaluations of prototype systems
· Analyze operational and test data to troubleshoot and resolve system problems
· Work with field engineers for rapid solutions to problems as they arise
· Write technical specifications for equipment procurement and/or technical annexes to contract documents
· Maintain Fluence internal PCS database and provide relevant documentation to internal stakeholders to allow for standardized offering and deployment of Fluence products comprising inverters
What will our ideal candidate bring to Fluence?
Here at Fluence, we strive to continuously improve, be intellectually curious and be adaptive to our customers and employee’s needs. Collaboration is key, both in our partnerships with our customers, and with each other. Fluence prioritizes the most critical efforts that allow for the greatest impact.
· The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an undergraduate degree and 4-10 years of work experience in development of power conversion systems for grid applications
· Familiarity with DC/AC or DC/DC converter operation; experience with PCS HW and SW design and application
· Knowledge of related safety and test standards, such as UL, IEC, ISO standards; knowledge of utility grid interconnection standards and regional grid codes
· Familiarity with utility scale systems design, control, and monitoring
· Familiarity with grid-forming operating modes and applications is a plus
· Knowledge of or history working with major component suppliers in the solar or battery storage industry, such as inverters, PV panels, or lithium-ion batteries
· Excellent English verbal and writing skills; German language skills is a plus
· Willing and able to travel, domestically and internationally, approximately 10% of the time
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.