Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new manufacturing controls processes for new products with a new team.
- Design manufacturing equipment controls in-house to support early stage prototype builds/testing.
- Participate in early prototype product builds to characterize and develop both product and process critical parameters to control the manufacturing process.
- Develop SCADA and MES integration processes and code.
- Develop controls processes and documentation to help streamline suppliers during equipment project execution and consistency across the entire organization.
- Manage the procurement, construction, acceptance and deployment of production equipment.
- Manage suppliers during specification, design, buyoff, installation, and ramp of Electric Engine production equipment.
- As Archer grows you will collaborate with IT, Production Engineering, EH&S, Quality, Operations, and Product Design regularly.
- Characterize baseline performance and capability of each system and drive actions to maintain or improve performance as measured by product quality, cycle time, and machine availability.
- Drive process control and process development, specifically in the areas of quality and equipment capability.
- Generate and maintain machine controls documentations manage upgrades/new process needs to existing equipment.
- Develop process Inputs to MES production system and launch MES platform with production equipment.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Controls Engineering, Mechatronic, or equivalent & related practical experience.
- 5-10 years related experience in medium to high volume manufacturing. Aerospace or automotive experience is preferred.
- Experience commissioning and improving Equipment. Have a demonstrated track record of Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) improvement, Preventative and Predictive Maintenance activities.
- Experience in the field of Electric Machine manufacturing
- Strong hands-on and problem solving skills and an aptitude for learning systems quickly. Able to utilize structured problem solving techniques such as DMAIC, Ishikawa, Five Why (5W) or Eight Disciplines (8D).
- Proficiency using Allen and Bradley PLC's and Ignition HMI and SCADA.
- Excellent communicator, both in presentations and written reports.
- Able to maintain organization and focus in a highly dynamic environment.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Prefer ability to travel 20% of the time, both domestically and internationally.
- Prior internships or full-time experience in Aerospace manufacturing engineering or similar role.
- Experience developing production lines from prototype to production.
- Experience with PLM, MES, and ERP software.
- Direct experience programming and troubleshooting industrial automation (PLC, robots, gantries, etc…)
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $148,000-$185,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.