Plenty is a new kind of farm for a new kind of world. We’re on a mission to bring healthy food to the world while protecting the environment. Our pesticide-free, non-GMO leafy greens taste fresh-picked from the garden because they were. We grow and deliver locally, cutting transportation miles and reducing emissions. Plenty’s indoor farms mean fresh produce is always in season.
We are a team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, artists, foodies and plant romantics working to improve the lives of plants, people, and the planet. We currently operate in South San Francisco, CA, and Laramie, WY. Our new Compton, CA site set to open in 2021 will be the world’s first, high-capacity indoor vertical farm.
Plenty believes food justice is social justice. Equal access to healthy, nutritious food is fundamental to a quality life. We build farms in communities that need better access to food and jobs. Plenty provides living-wage, year-round jobs along with flavorful, nutrient-rich food to the communities we serve. We use automation and robotics so machines do the backbreaking labor while people perform new kinds of skilled agricultural, science and high-tech jobs.
Now is the time to help Plenty achieve its mission to feed the world healthy food in a sustainable way. We are a start-up with expanding career growth opportunities.
We are actively seeking those who embody our core values: find a way, down to earth, & grow together. These values guide how we work together as teammates, approach innovation and engage with customers. Does this sound like you? Join the mission as we improve human and planetary health by increasing access to craveable fruits and vegetables.
We are on a mission to grow plenty of fresh food for everyone, everywhere. We are building the world’s largest, most technologically advanced, indoor vertical farms. Using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need, our farms are designed to secure our food future.
Our people and teams are how we make our mission possible. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Join us as we rewrite the rules of agriculture, and we’ll bet our berries you’ll be rewarded with innovative and collaborative teammates, a supportive environment, diverse career opportunities and meaningful work.
Plenty is looking for a Senior Global Supply Manager, Capex to join our Supply Chain team. The Supply Chain team plays a key part in Plenty’s continued success. We constantly strive to do things better, faster, and more affordably. In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects related to capital expenditures and construction within our farms. Making strategic decisions regarding commodity strategy, supplier sourcing, commercial issues/negotiations, cost reduction plans, and overall supplier management.
You will be working upstream with our Engineering and Deployment team to facilitate and influence our strategic strategy, design, and sourcing decisions. In addition to being regularly engaging with other internal teams including but not limited to Engineering, Finance, Farm Deployment, Farm Operations, , Legal, and Plant Science.
We are looking for driven individuals who can work quickly, deliver immediate results, and find ways to raise the bar every day. You should be technically strong, driven, able to spot and solve inefficiencies, innovative, and able to communicate complex topics concisely.
- Help establish our global supply chain strategy and partner with Engineering and/or Deployment to identify, evaluate, and execute on new ideas and partnerships that can best meet Plenty’s requirements of cost, quality, and technology
- Areas of focus include, but are not limited to:
- Automation and Robotics
- Controls and Sensors
- Nutrient and Irrigation
- Farm Construction
- Developing and managing Plenty’s growing Supply Chain network and strategic partners
- Achieve the most efficient costs for parts, components, and services while helping enable Plenty’s unique design requirements
- Help build, support, and lead cross-functional teams during technology development and ramp
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and ensure product availability to support production demand and ramp
- Manage resources and tasks to achieve program objectives
- Travel up to 30%
- Others duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of related experience or a Master's Degree and 8+ years of experience or a Ph.D. with 5+ years experience or equivalent work experience
- An open-mind and self-starter mentality with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve
- Strong negotiator with highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Experience and knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and/or construction
- Strong analytical and modeling skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects across various teams
- Ability to collaborate with a team and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to influence a wide variety of teams
What we can offer
Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development -- are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents - fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food & Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All applicants must be 18 years or older to apply