Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
Senior EMC Test Engineer
What you’ll do:
- Prepare test plans to qualify modules against DO-160 sections 16 - 23, and 25
- In-House EMC setup addressing organization, testing, and report generation for various HV Archer modules, such as electric engine and battery
- Procure, maintain, and calibrate EMC equipment such as Antennas, LISNs, Current Probes, Test Receivers, RF Cables, etc.
- Work closely with EMC design engineers to design, test, and certify various Archer modules for DO-160 compliance
- Assist team / engineers with system and vehicle level EMC efforts including testing, debugging, report generation, and related activities
- Work with external EMC test labs for aircraft level and DO-160 pre-compliance and compliance testing for Archer modules
- Prepare and present technical reviews of test results and next steps to a cross-functional team
What you need:
- Solid knowledge of various EMC equipment such as LISNs, Antennas, BCI probes, EMI receivers, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Vector Network Analyzers, etc.
- Familiar with various standards such as DO-160, MIL-461, CISPR 12/16/25/32, UN ECE Regulation 10, and FCC Part 15/18, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in EMC Pre-Compliance and Certification experience in the Aerospace / Automotive Industry
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3+ years or MS with 1+ years of experience in related fields
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Hands on experience with aerospace or automotive power electronics
- Hands on experience implementing EMC mitigation strategies for emissions, ESD, susceptibility, etc.
- Ph. D. in electrical engineering / EMC / Power Electronics
- Passion for aviation and eVTOLs
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $134,400 - $168,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.