We’re a climate-change-fighting tech company on a mission to reimagine the closed, complex way of powering our homes and businesses.
Our technology is lighting a cleaner path forward for everyone, from everyday consumers and small businesses to the innovators building the next generation of energy products.
Who we are
Arcadia is a technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Director, Total Rewards to join the People & Impact team. In this newly crafted role, this individual will be responsible for the design and implementation of innovative and scalable compensation and benefits programs that enable the attraction and retention of top talent. This role will also oversee HR Operations which entails management of all HR systems. The ideal candidate is analytical, creative, enjoys working with data and knows what it takes to succeed in a high-growth environment.
This role is remote reporting to the VP, People, and supervising one direct report to start. Additionally, the Senior Director, Total Rewards will collaborate frequently with Finance, Legal, HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, and other departments.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you'll do:
- Serve as the subject matter authority on total rewards (base salary, bonus programs, variable compensation, equity, recognition awards, and benefits) and HR Operations (HRIS, compliance, HR policies, and people data).
- For Total Rewards:
- Leading efforts with the Executive Leadership and People Team to build, implement, and communicate Arcadia’s Total Rewards Philosophy.
- Design total rewards programs and roadmap aligned to Arcadia’s values, ensuring internal equity, external competitiveness, and compliance with all governmental regulations. Identifies company-level opportunities and problems and rallies key partners to address them.
- Partner closely with Finance and the business throughout the performance review process, including merit planning, performance rating calibration, bonus, promotions, and total rewards statement process by providing analytical and structural guidance.
- Partner closely with Executive leadership and HR/Legal/Finance on our company stock & equity programs and grant guidelines and execution.
- Ensure continual calibration of internal salary bands to maintain competitiveness with the external market, while tracking the efficiency of our programs
- Own total rewards in Arcadia’s HRIS and identify tools, partners, and compensation studies, for ongoing compensation analysis.
- Oversee competitive and attractive benefits programs (healthcare, 401k, wellbeing) staying abreast of market trends and compliance changes.
- Develop, prepare, and present recommendations for HR Business Partners and other stakeholders, including to the Executive Team and Board of Directors, related to compensation changes, grounded in standard industry methodologies and market trends.
- Ensure roles are accurately leveled and are consistent within job architecture guidelines. Conduct ad-hoc job evaluations on roles as required for new or modified positions.
- Solicit, integrate, and provide feedback to collaborators across the company as it relates to Total Rewards. Quantifies and translates feedback and other data points into meaningful insights and shares them with leadership in an effort to support continuous improvement.
- Responsible for supporting Mergers & Acquisitions diligence and integration for Total Rewards.
- Conduct total rewards and pay equity studies annually for global and regional trends, and provide cost modeling for forecasting and program changes, as needed
- Coordinate rollout communications and training on total rewards as needed.
- Maintain external relationships with vendors and advisors to review and run compensation & benefits plan design and administration
- Conduct internal audits, as needed, to ensure compliance with Arcadia’s total rewards philosophy.
- Oversees career development of direct reports into advanced individual contributors, people managers, and potential successors to anticipate evolution of organization.
- For HR Operations
- Oversee operational elements of the people function including HR-related documentation, policies and compliance, HRIS & systems, immigration, leave of absence, and people data.
- Continue to evaluate and implement systems and vendors to support Arcadia’s growth.
What will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of global compensation and benefits experience, preferably with some time spent in a fast-paced high-growth start-up or tech-based organization. Public company experience is a plus.
- Must have an ability to roll up sleeves, (hands-on work style) and be a standout colleague.
- Strong knowledge of relevant ERISA, IRS, and DOL regulations, and legal requirements impacting compensation.
- Private and public company total rewards strategy experience
- Executive compensation experience
- Subject matter expert in compensation, bonus, equity, variable compensation, and benefits
- EPSS program administration
- Variable equity type (ISO, NSO, RSU) and vesting schedule (traditional, boxcar) expertise
- Experience in Compensation tool integration and consultant partnerships
- Technical knowledge of compensation design, including incentive, commission, and executive compensation program designs and associated tax implications and requirements.
- Track record of providing creative, proactive, and contemporary designs and programs responsive to the company's evolving strategies
- Experience developing a long-term platform for rewards administration in a high-growth company.
- Proven exceptional organizational, analytical, verbal, and written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, leadership, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated detailed understanding of general business operations and processes that enable interaction with internal and external customers, including all levels of management.
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity + annual bonus)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Flexible Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.