Fluence (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services and digital applications for renewables and storage. With a presence in 30 global markets, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ platform, which delivers AI-enabled digital applications for managing and optimizing storage and renewables. The company is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids. For more information, please visit fluenceenergy.com
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
- Fostering and building a winning team spirit across the regional Business Unit and
ensuring a strong, collaborative working relationship with the other Directors
(Delivery and Services). Leading and mentoring a growing team to drive ownership
and responsibility within the Business Unit. Thriving together is part of the Fluence
Core and you will set the example for the team.
- Building deep, trusting relationships with key customers and partners at a senior
level. Ensuring teams have the right levels of engagement with these customers
and stay aligned across the different Business Units and regions.
- Taking a solutions driven approach to solve problems and handle difficult
conversations, including technical and commercial topics. You will serve as the
escalation path for issues that can not be solved directly by the sales team.
- Develop relationships and drive engagement with key senior stakeholders in the
market, to ensure strong intimacy with the market and customers’ business case.
- Owning the three-year business plan for the region, ensuring we are prioritizing the
right customers and projects to meet our quarterly and annual targets while
building the business to achieve our high growth-rate targets each year.
- Assessing and prioritizing sales opportunities using strategic selling criteria. Having
the courage to say no to opportunities or customers that are not a good fit.
- Oversight of the negotiation and closing of multiple simultaneous transactions for
energy storage products and services led by individual sales managers. Maintain
the agility to lead deals directly or jump into deals at a detailed level to support your
sales leaders to reduce project risk and help steer them in the new direction, if
- Managing risks and opportunities to ensure effective Profit & Loss Management
across the Business Unit.
- Driving a collaborative culture with the team, ensuring an alignment of goals, and
establishing norms that encourage open feedback.
- Leading business development and sales meetings with customers and
representing Fluence at industry conferences and other events, including interviews
with regional media outlets.
- Champion and oversee data driven decision making via Salesforce and other
reporting/CRM tools. Ensure accurate tracking of customer interactions and
- Utilize market intelligence and customer feedback to drive product prioritization
and alignment with your regional go-to-market strategy.
- Drive and implement continuous improvement initiatives to improve process and
- Representation of sub-region progress and activity at monthly business review
meetings and following up on actions.
LINK TO FLUENCE CORE VALUES
Serve as a Trusted Advisor to customers. Maintain a forward-leaning posture that
keeps Fluence at the forefront of the market and ensures deep customer and team
Recognize and adapt to market opportunities, risks and challenges quickly. Strive to
continuously improve and be intellectually curious. Be open to adjusting priorities
and team structure to match rapidly changing needs of our customers and the
Focus on opportunities that deliver true value to the customer and Fluence while
meeting all regulatory and safety requirements. Look out for growth and welfare of
Foster a high trust, collaborative team environment, where everyone is motivated to
solve one of the most challenging problems of our time and help to transform the
way we power our world.
- Master’s degree (or higher) in a relevant subject (environmental studies, business,
economics, engineering, sciences, computer science, mathematics, statistics, etc.) or
equivalent demonstration through work experience
- Minimum 10 years of sales, technical or commercial experience in the renewable,
power generation or a related industry (preference for direct energy storage
- Demonstrated track record in building up a sales team together with the
responsibility for overseeing and managing an overall portfolio of contracts to
commercial close to meet increasing annual sales targets
- Direct experience on battery-based energy storage systems and contracting from a
technical and commercial perspective
- Strong executive level stakeholder relationships and network within the regional
energy storage sector, including developers, IPPs and local EPCs.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word). Experience with Salesforce,
Klue, RFPio, and PowerBI for pipeline management and decision making