Salary not provided
Quality Engineer - End of Line
About the company:
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
• The Quality Engineer position is responsible for the quality performance of a section in the Manufacturing End of Line areas of the plant. This position utilizes the combined skills of data analysis, manufacturing process knowledge, automotive quality tools, and structured problem solving, to support and improve build team’s quality performance.
• Areas of responsibility includes End of Line (EOL) complete vehicle inspections and supporting problem solving in all Shops within the Plant.
• This position requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams to develop procedures, and standards. This position requires deep technical knowledge in quality and problem-solving tools.
• Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
• Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
• Deliver quality tool training to team members
• Identify and contain suspect defective material
• Assist supplier quality functions with containment and structured problem-solving
• Facilitate structured problem-solving resolution for internal quality issues
• Analysis and improvement of quality performance for manufacturing processes
• Responsible for quality related continuous improvement projects
• Monitor, create, and provide quality performance data for KPI boards
• Develop inspection work instructions for End of Line based on specifications and standards.
• Implement and maintain an approved Quality Management System.
• Develop and maintain complete vehicle scorecard reporting process to track performance and drive continuous improvement.
• Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
• Potential business travel to support product /process development at company and supplier locations.
• Knowledge of APQP (Design for Quality)
• Problem solving experience – structured problem-solving
• Manufacturing/assembly process experience
• PPAP documents
• Knowledge of preparing and maintaining PFMEAs
• Knowledge of preparing and maintaining Control plans
• Measurement System Analysis (GR&R)
• Statistical process control / control charts
• Minitab or similar software experience
• Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
• End of Line testing
• OEM manufacturing/quality experience is a plus.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Engineering, Quality, or Technical Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected].
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.