Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
As the Project Engineer for Propellers you will be responsible for tracking the project performance of two propeller designs critical to the success of the Archer business and our eVTOL aircraft. This is both an internal and external facing cross-functional role that requires close coordination with Archer Design Engineering, Program Management, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Quality, Test, and Supplier teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships across Archer teams, inclusive of suppliers, involved in the Propellers development.
- Act as the interface between Engineering, Program Management, Manufacturing, Test, and Supply Chain on project deliverables, issues, and resolution for Engineering builds. Escalate to commercial or technical partners when required.
- Coordinate with the Propeller Manager on the product design and build schedule (design changes, quantity, sequencing, build configurations, validation requirements, and material availability).
- Maintain project task-based schedules and track/report milestone progress against the program management plan.
- Identify and manage project Risks, Issues and Opportunities to closure in partnership with Engineering leads.
- Align with Design Engineering on revision control of what is being procured for Engineering Builds, support bill of materials (BOM) reviews and maintenance.
- Utilize configuration control and change management to maintain technical discipline of the program.
- Identify areas of improvement or gaps in current processes and develop strategies to promote efficiency and productivity.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Mechanical or Material Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years experience with propellers and/or propulsion in an aerospace manufacturing company.
- Project management experience.
- Analytical capabilities to identify schedule critical paths and optimize engineering / supply chain timelines.
- Demonstrated skills in supplier operational and relationship management.
- Familiar with Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, or other scheduling software.
- A positive, get it done attitude, and learning agility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Certification experience with Part 35 propeller testing.
- Understanding of engineering product development including design phases, manufacturing processes and global supply chain management.
- Familiarization with Atlassian Jira and Confluence for task management and collaborative documentation.
- Experience with eVTOL and/or the aerospace industry.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $99,840.00-$124,800.00. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.