Ecovative uses biology to solve fundamental human needs at industrial scales and in consumer applications. Ecovative uses mycelium to grow category defining products ranging from leather like textiles to sustainable packaging to high performance foams for apparel and beauty. Ecovative has been widely recognized for its technical and environmental contributions by organizations like the World Economic Forum and in the media including Wired Magazine, Forbes, and Time.
Bring your skills and passion to the Ecovative Design team! At Ecovative we build biological systems, explore uncharted science, and celebrate manufacturing rooted in Nature. The company seeks team members who are bold, curious and imaginative. The brand's greatest strength is the team's diversity. Each person brings unique backgrounds and talents that are fostered in a collaborative, challenging and creative culture.
The Pilot Materials Coordinator plays a crucial role in the smooth and efficient management of materials for late-stage and pilot-scale projects within a dynamic operational setting. This position is responsible for coordinating the receipt, storage, and quality control of various raw materials, inoculum, and Precol in adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
In this role, individuals are essential for maintaining an organized and compliant inventory management system, ensuring that materials are readily accessible and up-to-date. Weekly inventory audits and continuous improvement efforts are fundamental to maintaining the accuracy and efficiency of the inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the timing of receiving events in collaboration with the Director of Strategic Sourcing
- Receive raw materials, inoculum, and Precol following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure proper and compliant storage of all raw materials, inoculum, and Precol based on operational requirements and material sensitivity
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment in compliance with safety protocols and regulations
- Generate and maintain records of materials received, storage conditions, and any incidents or deviations from established procedures
- Collect biological and environmental samples from inbound materials for quality control and analysis
- Communicate with the Director of Strategic Sourcing and vendors to address any delivery discrepancies or issues promptly
- Assist in troubleshooting and taking corrective actions when materials arrive out of specification
- Organize the storage of all materials in designated storage areas and refrigerators, maintaining proper labeling and segregation as needed
- Ensure that accurate and detailed storage information is readily accessible and kept up-to-date
- Conduct weekly inventory audits to verify that inventory records match the actual quantities in storage
- Develop and document best practices for inventory management and utilization to enhance operational efficiency
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of the inventory management system both online and on the floor
- Train operations and research teams on SOP and best practices to ensure accurate and timely record keeping during use cases and discard events
- Monitor and track the shelf life and expiration dates of materials and initiate replacements as necessary through the appropriate stakeholders
- Assist in the disposal of expired or obsolete materials in accordance with established procedures and regulations
- Maintain effective documentation of all activities, reporting regularly to management, and contributing to the development of departmental reports to the finance team
- Provide support to other operational groups as directed, including assistance with receiving and inventory management system implementation
- Participate in training sessions and keep up-to-date with industry best practices and regulations related to material handling and storage
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Pilot Operations Supervisor, including assisting with pilot scale operations when surge staffing is required
Qualifications and Skills:
- Adeptly uses Google Platform Apps (email, calendar, sheets, docs, forms), custom application interfaces, and agile use of Slack
- Organizational, housekeeping, and attention to detail skills integrated into work habits
- Must be comfortable with heights up to 20 ft. on platforms
- Must be capable of lifting 25 lbs unassisted
- Must be forklift certified, or be willing to become forklift certified
- Must be able to complete repetitive manual labor for up to 8 hours a day
- Proficient critical thinking, and problem solving skills in a team environment
- Willingness to learn scientific principles and ask thoughtful questions to improve processes
- Creates a positive work environment for others
- Ability to understand the goal of an assignment and work with minimal detailed direction; Get it done mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as comfort giving and receiving feedback
- Ability and willingness to flex workday start or end times as required by current project
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma with 3 years of work experience in an operational setting OR Associates degree with 1-year experience in operations OR Bachelors’ degree in science or technology
Pay range for this role based on candidates skills and experience starts at $25.00 - $28.00.
What You’ll Love About Us:
Fantastic Team Culture. Innovative team with diverse interests (from artists to off-grid living).
Excellent Benefits. Health, dental, vision, retirement, EAP, PTO, tuition reimbursement
Time to Connect. Earth Day community work, retreats, holiday events, pie day, costume competitions, pumpkin carving, outings, food, etc.
Ecovative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
70 Cohoes Ave. Suite 103
Green Island, NY 12183