We use nature’s own technology to make fruits and vegetables last longer in order to drastically reduce food waste—from farmer to grocer to kitchen tables around the world.
JOIN OUR TEAM. Check out http://www.apeel.com/jobs for career opportunities. You’ll join a group of committed, passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to build and implement new technologies with a global reach.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. We hire undergraduate and graduate-level students with backgrounds in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Materials, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, and related fields.
Apeel's investors include Andreessen Horowitz, DBL Partners, Upfront Ventures, S2G Ventures, Powerplant Ventures, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and The Rockefeller Foundation. Visit us at apeel.com to learn more.
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
About this Role
We’re looking for a Key Account Manager to join Apeel’s growing Sales team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and successful execution of the sales strategy for selected key retail customers in the specified region. This position requires a high degree of independent professional judgment, problem solving, researching solutions, and decision making.
This position will report to the VP Sales EMEA and will be remote based in UK. This position will have up to a 50% travel requirement to customer sites and retail locations domestically and internationally. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You’ll Do
Collaborates with the regional Sales team - mainly Business Developper, Category Managers- and Product BUs in the region for the development and successful execution of the commercial sales strategy for specific strategic accounts (key accounts) and specific region.
- Manages the key accounts. Anticipates needs and delivers solutions. Communicates directly with key accounts on a regular basis. Provides a high level of customer service to all commercial customers in order to develop a strong and successful relationship.
- Executes sales activities with results measured against the sales plan and is accountable for achieving sales goals.
- Responsible for forecasting sales for assigned key accounts.
- Provides input and recommendations for new products and contributes to their commercialization and acceptance in the assigned regional markets and with key customers.
- Gathers information on competitors, customers, and trends and makes recommendations to management to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Creates and maintains detailed contact records for each customer and prospect inquiry (via Salesforce).
- Collaborates with the marketing team on planning and execution of advertising and marketing plans in covered regions.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Horticulture, or related field.
- Requires 5+ years of related key account sales experience or sales management experience, preferably in an agricultural business or retail.
- Experience with market analysis, logistics, pricing, budgeting and program management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Must have the skills to create reports, presentations and manage complex spreadsheets.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to understand complex business and political relationships.
- Performs a wide variety of complicated tasks where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks, excellent time management, organizational, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in fruits or vegetables or other agriculture focused industries
- Previous experience working with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
- Prior experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.