The early-stage agricultural technology company based in Chicago is on a mission to reduce food waste. Shippers, growers, and retailers are constantly on the lookout for new ways to ship food further, enter new markets, extend the growing season, and have less food rejected at retail. The products of Hazel Technologies meet these needs by adding significant and measurable value throughout our customers' food supply chains.
Hazel Technologies Inc., founded in 2015, is a USDA-funded company that develops new technologies to improve the quality and extend the shelf life of fresh produce throughout the global supply chain. The early-stage agricultural technology company based in Chicago is on a mission to reduce food waste. Shippers, growers, and retailers are constantly on the lookout for new ways to ship food further, enter new markets, extend the growing season, and have less food rejected at retail. The products of Hazel Technologies meet these needs by adding significant and measurable value throughout our customers' food supply chains.
The Key Account Director at Hazel Technologies is responsible for handling critical client accounts by building and maintaining strong relationships that help our customers succeed. The Key Account Director excels at creating critical C-suite relationships, leveraging industry insights, and thought leadership. This role requires the ability to maximize revenue and retention, while identifying and closing new partnerships working cross-functionally with various Hazel teams such as Product, Operations, and R&D. This is a key role that requires entrepreneurship, innovation, agility, and enthusiasm for serving the customer, while managing sales and book of business at the assigned accounts.
- Lead the strategic plan to maximize success of assigned key accounts.
- Ensure the right connections between the customer and internal departments at Hazel.
- Work with Product Management to shape the key value propositions, adding the voice of the customer to the development of focus areas.
- Analyze the customer (Strategy, design plans, initiatives) and Identify growth opportunities.
- Implement and create plans to drive the increase of Hazel products at assigned accounts with a focus on future sales growth.
- Identify the key opportunities per crop that will drive accelerated rates of growth, and ensure team focus to maximize penetration per crop/product line.
- Build, deliver and track strategic key account plans through forecasting, tracking, and reporting on performance indicators.
- Determine the appropriate tactical plan using key account tools/skills to deliver wins.
- Indirectly lead global communication amongst the account teams covering customers globally; coordinate multi-country deals to ensure maximum value and a well-coordinated customer experience.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis, key contact relationship development, customer engagement plan, and customer events.
- Raise awareness of the Hazel Technologies brand and value proposition at increasingly senior levels of assigned accounts.
- Own responsibility for key account strategy progression, coordinate relevant internal and external touchpoints, and act as the point of coordination across the business.
- Maintain accurate and timely reporting through Sales Force, model planning, Key Account Plans, sales estimates etc.
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree (MBA, JD/LLB, MA/MS, MEng etc.) preferred.
- 10+ years’ work experience including sales, business development and managing large customer relationships.
- Exceptional strategic relationship account management and consultative sales skills across multiple sectors / segments with a focus on growing the size of each account; success in direct and / or virtual leadership of global teams, across multiple geographies and business lines.
- Food industry expertise (produce expertise highly preferable)
- Proven ability to develop and execute innovative sales strategies.
- Customer oriented approach with strong skills in influencing, negotiation, complex problem solving and conflict management.
- Resourceful and highly organized self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and operate successfully in a complex, dynamic, fast paced, highly collaborative, and continuously evolving environment.
- An outside-in focus: outstanding end-customer relationship skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proven strong commercial, project management and application development experience (essential).
- Ability to travel 70% of the time or as needed for covered key accounts and territory.
Salary Range: $140,000-$150,000
You'll Love Working at Hazel Because
- We've come to transform the food system. You'll be able to make a big contribution to our work at the nexus of technology, farming, and the global food industry - and we're only getting started.
- Our team is motivated by a set of shared values. These keep us on track and remind us how to be present every day in the midst of change and ambiguity. Collaboration, respect, positivity, and humility are all valued, whether in the office, at home, or on the fields, and we strive to empower individuals at every stage.
- Benefits and perks, of course!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hazel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. At Hazel, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]