Monta is the operating platform powering the EV charging ecosystem serving drivers, companies, cities, and the electricity grid. With Monta you can launch, manage, and scale all your EV needs and operation with one integrated software built to EV better.
We believe that accelerating and democratising the adoption of EV technology is key to fostering the sustainable future we so desperately need. That’s why Monta drives the entire EV ecosystem.
You may be familiar with our app for EV drivers or our EV charging portal; Monta’s mission is to provide the best technology solutions for the entire EV charging cycle. At our core, we provide access, innovation, and reliability to the emobility transformation.
Why EV less when you can #EVBetter?
Monta is a new layer of technology that brings together installers, operators, service providers, EV drivers, and businesses with charge points.
At our core, we make EV charging simple, accessible, and reliable. Our software enables a consistent charging experience across all charge point brands and we empower charge point owners with a full-fledged solution to attract users and seamlessly manage usage, pricing, availability, and transactions.
By empowering Charge Point Operators and offering consistent charging experiences for Electrical Vehicle owners, Monta is laying the ground for a scalable and sustainable EV infrastructure.
Here’s some of our partners that trust our product: Copenhagen Airport, Vestas etc.
If you're at the start of your software engineering career, Monta has a great opportunity for you! If you're looking for a role where you can learn, develop and challenge yourself on a daily basis in a hyper-growing, international and fast-paced environment, this could be for you. We have in-house industry experts ready to help you learn about the EV industry and financial technology.
We’re the team at Monta responsible for developing Monta’s financial infrastructure. As an EV charging company, we have an opportunity to change the way people think about mobility. Our team is responsible for the most important part of the stack – how money will flow through the system. Any engineering work in this area inherently has a huge and near-instant impact within EV charging as you with a code change can change the flow of millions of euros.
- Work in areas like payment methods, fraud detection, balance handling, fund flows and reconciliation, cost optimization, tooling and monitoring
- Build features that help us enable new markets and financial products within those markets
- Be part of scoping, development, testing and monitoring of financial systems and own these systems end-to-end
- Participate in code review with other junior and senior engineers
- Learn about best practices in microservice architecture, Kotlin development and development of financial products
- Get training and learn about financial systems of the world, our banking systems, and how money moves under the hood from experts from industry experts from Stripe, BankingCircle and others
Our tech stack
To keep it short, sweet and simple, you'll work with a fairly modern stack. Some of the things that we're working with are:
- Kotlin (Java 17 and following the update schedule as closely as possible)
- Micronaut (micro service framework)
- AWS Cloud
- MySQL/Redis (Database)
- Prometheus (monitoring system)
- Grafana (Dashboard/Metrics)
- Loki (Logging)
- ... The list goes on!
While we don't expect you to know everything about this stack you should be comfortable learning new tech.
- You thoroughly enjoy programming
- You have a degree in Computer Science (B.Sc. equivalent or higher)
- You have experience with Kotlin and/or Java.
- You are interested to work in Fintech, or have some Fintech experience
- You have startup or scaleup industry experience
- You have a passion to solve real-world problems with end-to-end solutions
- You are a fast learner and are not afraid to learn new things
What we can offer you
- Shared company electric cars and bikes in Copenhagen
- Free gym membership
- Free snacks & beverages
- Vegan lunch catering
- Company and team events, including Friday bars, parties and gaming nights
- Learning & development opportunities
- Education budget + 3 days of annual leave to partake in educational courses
- Pension scheme
- Warrants in Monta
- Innovation Fridays (Fridays after lunch you are free to work on innovative things). Could be something like: Monthly salary range: 45.000-55.000 DKK depending on your qualifications.
- Working on new things and technologies
- Try out something new you usually don’t have time for
- Explore a new design framework
- Improve a current project
- Work on Open Source
- Writing blog posts or white papers