Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What you’ll do:
- Own and develop an automated testing & validation platform/infrastructure and improve the level of automation, efficiency, and accuracy of the propulsion control system validation
- Prototype testing on motor control algorithms and software on various test setups (HIL, SIL, dynamometer and propeller test stands for certifiable safety critical components of the aircraft propulsion control software
- Complete reliability and certification tests on electric engines (motor, gearbox and inverter assemblies) for Archer’s eVTOL aircraft.
- Document test results in clear reports to assist in certifying Archer’s aircraft.
- Develop, design, and procure complete testing setups for DO-160 environmental tests and engine design verification tests Assist in developing the digital testing infrastructure for data storage and analysis
- Analyze and present test data in clear dashboards and failure summaries.
- Follow safety procedures for operating with and around high voltage systems
- Investigate and lead device failure analysis to determine root cause and drive product improvements
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, software development and validation teams to understand new component-level hardware changes which are being developed and how to support them in software - both in manufacturing and for customer use
What you need:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Proficient in DO-160 test planning, setup, and execution
- Proficient in electrical motor or motor+gearbox test planning, setup, and execution
- Experience with a wide variety of DAQ systems
- Experience with MATLAB and Python
- Experience using CAD software to create fixtures and test equipment
- Experience with reliability and statistical analysis for test planning
- Strong engineering fundamentals in mechanics, thermals fluid systems, and electronics
- Demonstrated project planning and execution experience
- Hands-on experience in multiple technical fields involving microprocessors,electronics and propulsion systems.
- Hands-on firmware experience with propulsion systems, motor control, power electronics control, robotics, real time control systems or related fields
- Proficient in technical, precise writing and presenting
- Positive can-do attitude
- Hands-on experience wearing multiple hats in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability leading small capable teams
- Experience with high voltage systems: cars, aircraft, etc.
- Experience with reliability testing on high voltage and current power systems
- Experience working with Dyno test systems
- Strong communicator and presenter of technical content
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $134,400 - $168,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.