Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
Who we are:
Archer was founded in 2020 by a group of entrepreneurs and engineers who wanted to advance the benefits of all-electric air mobility. Archer set out to enable affordable mass transit above our cities by building Vehicles that are safer, quieter, cheaper, and more sustainable than gas-powered helicopters and airplanes. By creating the world’s leading air mobility network, we will help push the world towards a zero-emissions future.
What you’ll do:
- Conducts analysis, design, evaluation, modification, testing and implementation of Ignition SCADA and Manufacturing systems.
- Meets business requirements by developing and implementing Ignition/Sepasoft developments and integrations.
- Develops test plans and protocols for evaluation of system performance. Conducts analysis of systems specifications and uses the latest analysis/diagramming tools to represent business/technical processes.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Prepares and obtains approval of system and programming documentation.
- Recommends changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Coordinates development related application upgrade activities.
- Leads data migration and integration efforts.
- Trains other personnel in the conversion, implementation and use of the system.
- Participate in process definition to support changes in maturity as Archer grows.
- Build integrations between MES, SCADA, and PLC systems.
What you need:
- Ignition Core and Gold Certification.
- Should have 5 + years of experience in Architecting end to end IOT application on Ignition Platform
- Experience on large scale design and development of HMI, MES, and SCADA systems built around the Ignition platform
- Experience in implementing complex network architecture in cloud and on-premises Ignition SCADA system and troubleshooting knowledge•
- Experience working with various device interfaces like OPC UA, Modbus, DNP, MQTT etc
- Should have 5+ years of development experience with Ignition, Sepasoft experience is a plus.
- Experience with Automotive EV, LI-Battery, or Aviation Manufacturing SCADA solutions.
- Experience with High resolution data collection and edge client database solutions.
- Experience building ANDON and OEE review Boards using Ignition/Sepasoft.
- Experience designing and building Scada solutions, ideally with Ignition.
- Good understanding of XML, JSON, SOAP, API and REST Web services.
- Experience Integrating Ignition with MES Systems and ERP Systems, SAP is a plus.
- Experience Integrating SCADA with Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLCs.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $99440 - $124,300. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities, and those with sincerely held religious beliefs. Applicants who may require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should provide their name and contact information to Archer’s People Team at [email protected]. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.