Our 3D printing technology, advanced materials, and robotic automation make beautiful and sustainable homes a reality for all.
Mighty Buildings is a construction technology company with offices in Oakland, and Monterrey.
We are disrupting the construction industry by creating beautiful, sustainable, and high-quality homes using 3D printing, advanced materials, and robotics automation.
We’ve raised Series B funding and are backed by top investors like Khosla Ventures, Zeno Ventures, and Y-Combinator.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for you as our Group Corporate Controller. You will continue to establish and drive a world-class and scalable global financial accounting organization, with the goal to achieve IPO-readiness of the Finance organization within 3 years. You will be responsible for leading and growing our global Financial Accounting team in Oakland (CA), Monterrey (MEX), and other future locations, ensuring internal controls and financial reporting compliance.
Initially you will also oversee consolidation and financial reporting, in close collaboration with our Head of FP&A. The position is highly diverse, working on multiple exciting and challenging projects worldwide, with many stakeholders inside Mighty Buildings.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead our financial accounting team in the SF Bay Area and establish a new team in a shared service center in Monterrey, MEX
- Ensure timely operational accounting of payables, receivables, travel expenses, credit cards, assets including inventory, and payment runs
- Be our auditor’s (PWC) principal contact person for US-GAAP accounting, consolidation and reporting
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows
- Communicate, enforce and improve Purchase-to-Pay (P2P), Order-to-Cash (O2C), and Hire-to-Retire (H2R) internal control compliance
- Champion the further development of the Finance modules in our Netsuite ERP-system from the Accounting & Reporting perspective
- Be a key leader in the Finance team driving operational excellence across the Finance departments Group Accounting, Controlling, Taxation, as well as with the company internal partners in Procurement, Manufacturing, Construction and People
- Be the CFO’s close partner in developing the Finance organization to global scalability and IPO-readiness
- Continuously improve global operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting manuals and processes
- Initially oversee tax reporting, together with external advisors in our countries of operation
- A true passion for accounting
- Accounting experience in an international context
- 4+ years auditing experience at a Big-4 auditor, with progress to manager level
- 6+ years of professional accounting experience in a corporate environment, including 4+ years as a people manager
- Experience in a publicly listed company and/or preparing a company for IPO readiness
- Experience in manufacturing or construction a plus
- Technology startup experience
- High attention to detail
- Hands-on mindset
- Leadership and communication skills with potential in building, developing and managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in designing, building and implementing processes and systems
- Experience working in a global business environment
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Master degree in Accounting/ Business, or a qualified accountant (CPA, ACCA, or auditor)
- Expertise in internal controls required in accounting and financial reporting in the U.S. (PCAOB and SOX-compliant ICFR)
- Expertise in standard ERP systems and the Finance requirements for an ERP system (Netsuite experience is a plus)
- Knowledge in shared service center creation and global scaling of accounting and reporting
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed (up to 25%)
- Fluent English written and verbal communication skills; Spanish-speaking ability is a plus
- Mighty Buildings offers a fast-growing high-tech working environment with a supreme network of investors and partners.
- Working at Mighty Buildings, you will have personal accountability, be able to grow, and have unique learning opportunities, based on your personal strengths.
- Mighty Buildings offers flexible working time, short lines of communication, flat structures, and a great team spirit. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- To build our Finance-team, we welcome all qualified people regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Our differences make us stronger. At Mighty Buildings, we value equal opportunity, trust, and the voice of each of our employees. As change-makers in construction, we believe that changing the world starts within each of our teams. We are committed to driving innovation by celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive culture where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of our different backgrounds and roles in the company.
Engagement type: Full-time
Location: SF Bay Area, CA; Monterrey, Mexico; remote considered for the right candidate.