Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking an experienced and strategic Global Accounts Receivable Process Lead to oversee and optimize the accounts receivable function across our organization's global operations. The Global Accounts Receivable Process Lead will be responsible for streamlining processes, reducing outstanding receivables, and ensuring compliance with financial policies and industry standards.
Accounts Receivable Strategy:
1. Develop and execute a comprehensive global accounts receivable strategy, including credit management, billing, collections, and dispute resolution.
2. Lead initiatives to improve the efficiency, accuracy, and effectiveness of accounts receivable processes worldwide.
3. Evaluate and establish credit policies and guidelines, ensuring that credit risks are managed effectively and in accordance with best practices.
4. Oversee global billing processes, ensuring accurate and timely invoicing to customers in compliance with contractual agreements.
5. Implement effective collection strategies to reduce outstanding receivables, minimize aging, and improve cash flow.
6. Lead efforts to resolve billing and collection disputes in a timely and fair manner, working closely with sales and customer service teams.
7. Collaborate with sales, finance, customer service, and other departments to address customer issues and improve the overall order-to-cash cycle.
8. Assess the creditworthiness of new and existing customers, setting appropriate credit limits and terms
9. Prepare and present regular accounts receivable reports to senior management, highlighting key metrics, trends, and areas for improvement.
10. Ensure compliance with relevant financial regulations, industry standards, and internal policies.
11. Oversee relationships with external accounts receivable service providers as needed for specialized expertise and support.
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; additional certifications such as CCE (Certified Credit Executive) are a plus.Extensive experience in global accounts receivable management, including credit analysis, collections, and dispute resolution.Strong project management and leadership skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.Proficiency in accounts receivable software and ERP systems.Effective communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to adapt to changing financial environments and regulations.Knowledge of industry-specific accounts receivable issues and best practices.