Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
Fluence is embarking on a digital transformation journey to enable the company's mission to create a sustainable, clean-energy future for future generations. Global ERP implementation will be at the core of the transformation and will be a strategic companywide initiative.
Location is hybrid in the San Francisco, CA area.
We are looking for talented and passionate individuals to join our digital transformation team. As a member of the digital transformation team, you will be responsible for working with stakeholders across the company to design and implement the SAP S4 HANA platform. This is a challenging but rewarding opportunity for individuals passionate about technology and sustainability. This is a unique opportunity to join a team that is at the forefront of the energy revolution. You will have the chance to work on cutting-edge technology, collaborate with talented people from all over the world, and make a real difference in the fight against climate change.
If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced GL & Financial Reporting Process Lead to join our finance team. The GL & Financial Reporting Process Lead will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing our general ledger processes, financial reporting, and related financial activities. This role is instrumental in ensuring accurate financial data and reports for effective decision-making.
As the GL & Financial Reporting Process Lead add Fixed Asset, you will
1. General Ledger Management:
· Oversee the general ledger functions, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
· Lead the month-end and year-end closing processes, including journal entries, reconciliations, and accruals.
2. Financial Reporting:
· Manage the preparation and distribution of accurate and timely financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to create ad-hoc financial reports and analysis as needed.
3. Process Optimization:
· Continuously review and enhance financial processes and controls to improve efficiency and accuracy.
· Identify areas for automation and work with the finance and IT teams to implement process improvements.
4. Compliance and Regulations:
· Ensure financial reporting compliance with relevant accounting standards (e.g., GAAP or IFRS) and regulatory requirements.
· Stay updated on changes in accounting standards and make necessary adjustments.
5. Team Leadership:
· Supervise and develop a team of financial analysts and accountants, providing guidance, coaching, and mentorship.
· Foster a culture of continuous learning and professional growth within the team.
6. Audit Support:
· Coordinate and assist with internal and external audits, ensuring a smooth audit process and addressing any audit findings.
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, IT, and operations, to support financial data integration and reporting needs.
· Work closely with other finance leaders to align financial processes with strategic goals.
Here are some of the benefits of joining our digital transformation team:
Competitive salary and benefits package
Collaborative and supportive work environment
Opportunities for professional development and growth
Chance to make a real difference in the world
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.
What does the ideal candidate bring to Fluence?QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or equivalent certification preferred. 5 – 7 years of experience in financial reporting, general ledger management, and process improvement. Strong knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting standards (e.g., GAAP or IFRS). Experience with financial software and ERP systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, NetSuite). Proven leadership and team management skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Detail-oriented and committed to maintaining data accuracy. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadline