Fluence is the leading global energy storage technology and services company, created and backed by Siemens and AES, two industry powerhouses and pioneers in energy storage. Fluence unites the scale, experience, breadth, and financial backing of the two most experienced icons in energy storage.
Our mission is to create a more sustainable future by transforming the way we power our world. Energy storage is critical to this transformation, yet today the market is fragmented and customers face the challenge of finding a trusted technology partner amidst conflicting technical claims, inexperienced vendors and installers, and new market entrants with limited power sector knowledge.
Fluence brings the proven technology solutions and services that overcome the commercial and regulatory barriers that stand in the way of modernizing our energy networks. We are the partner that can deliver at a global scale with the most experienced and knowledgeable team in the world.
About Fluence: Fluence Energy, Inc. (Nasdaq: FLNC) is a global market leader in energy storage products and services, and optimization software for renewables and storage. With a presence in over 47 markets globally, Fluence provides an ecosystem of offerings to drive the clean energy transition, including modular, scalable energy storage products, comprehensive service offerings, and the Fluence IQ Platform, which delivers AI-enabled SaaS products for managing and optimizing renewables and storage from any provider. Fluence is transforming the way we power our world by helping customers create more resilient and sustainable electric grids.
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are guided by our passion to transform the way we power our world. Achieving our goals requires creativity, diversity of ideas and backgrounds, and building trust to effect change and move with speed.
We are Leading
Fluence currently has thousands of MW of energy storage projects operated or awarded worldwide in addition to the thousands of MW of projects managed by our trading platform—and we are growing every day.
We are Responsible
Fluence is defined by its unwavering commitment to safety, quality, and integrity.
We are Agile
We achieve our goals and meet our customer’s needs by cultivating curiosity, adaptability, and self-reflection in our teams.
We are Fun
We value the diversity in thought and experience of our coworkers and customers. Through honest, forthcoming, and respectful communications we work to ensure that Fluence is an inclusive and welcoming environment for all.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position reports directly to the APAC FP&A Director and contributes to the Company’s success by providing an expert leadership view of data through financial planning and analysis investigations. This role contributes via a full suite of FP&A activities, from operational & resources management analytics to financial analytics, providing variance information, leading operational reviews, leverage 9-day business reporting, forecasts & budgeting, what-if scenarios, and more, all derived from a full understanding of the business structure and regional and global initiatives.
Responsibilities are as follows: -
· Own the Income Statement, from Revenue to EBITDA with regards to the management setup at country level.
· Support the APAC FP&A Director in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements for the APAC region.
· Provide leadership and support in managing budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis of actual results versus Budget and versus prior forecasts.
· Analyze APAC data with proven ability to slice & consolidate groups of data providing scenario building through a consolidated view, a portfolio view, by country view, by legal entity view, by project and by customer, and so forth.
· Partner with the Regions, Business Units and Central Functional groups to manage their financial and operational and resource performance results.
· Lead direction on monthly reviews on SG&A & headcount statistics.
· Collaborate with region leaders and IT Finance to drive reporting automation efforts in terms of various ERP integrations and implementation of business tools.
· Leads efforts to develop a rigourous reporting and data filing structure.
· Oversee the accounting activities of the new and unusual entities to ensure sustainable & compliant structure for reporting and analytics.
· Support financial audits and provide analysis & reconciliations, where appropriate.
· Support SOX & compliance requirements as needed.
What should an interested candidate bring to Fluence?
· Minimum 5 years of working experience in Finance related fields, with experience in finance leadership roles preferred.
· Work experience with MNCs or Big 4 accounting firms. Prior work experience / exposure to Energy sector is a plus.
· Possessed an accounting, business or finance degree. Chartered Accountant/CPA qualification will be desirable.
· Solid background in managing the financial performance of multiple entities across mulitple currencies, operating in a high growth environment.
· Demonstrated ability to manage accounting and financial reporting functions, including driving solutions for changes & support business initiatives in ERP customizations.
· Must have advanced knowledge and skills with Excel and the ability to automate tasks and drive productivity changes.
· Must have advanced skills in PowerPoint and use of visio & other presentation packages an advantage.
· Must demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and drive change, with an focus on an inquisitive mindset.
· Confident to present financial results to senior leadership, work collaboratively across functions and with senior leaders.
· Management experiences in APAC, understanding the unique cultural nuances across multiple Asian countries
· Have prior working experience with Oracle Netsuite and/or SAP is a plus as is experience with budgeting and forecasting tools such as Anaplan.
· Ideally high energy, proactive, solutions-oriented contributor, possessing an intellectual curiosity and a “hunger for knowledge.”
· Strong business partner with excellent communication skills, written & verba
Fluence IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status.