Title: Fleet Mechanic
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah (Rose Park area)
Schedule: Full-time (40 hour), day-shift position, with opportunities for overtime
Manager: Field Operations Manager
- $30.00 per hour
- Eligible for benefits following initial 90-day probation period
Mission – Why we exist and why we need you
Geothermal energy is a massive renewable energy resource sitting below our feet. There is 2,300 times more energy in geothermal heat in the ground than in oil, gas, coal, and methane combined. However, historically it’s been hard to find and expensive to develop. Zanskar is changing that. Our team of geoscientists, data scientists, seismologists, and developers are building new exploration and development tools to make geothermal a scaled contributor to a fully carbon-free electrical grid.
Field data is Zanskar’s life blood; we rely on measurements collected by our field teams, working in conjunction with our data scientists and geoscientists, to further geothermal exploration. As the outlook for geothermal energy continues to build steam, so does Zanskar’s growth, and our equipment maintenance needs. We are currently seeking a mechanic to support Zankar’s increasing fleet of off-road vehicles, light-duty construction tools, and shallow drilling equipment. This position will be responsible for maintenance and repair of all company vehicles and equipment to ensure proper operation and increase life.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as an Automotive Technician or similar role.
- Demonstrate a strong mechanical and technical aptitude, with competency operating and maintaining vehicles and equipment.
- At least 18 years old.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver’s license without any major infractions in the last three years.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Commitment to working safely and ensuring the safety of co-workers.
- Possess a high degree of accuracy, integrity, and attention to detail.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimum direct supervision.
- Ability to perform physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks; to include, but not limited to, periodic bending and kneeling and lifting, pushing, and pulling 50 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to perform the job duties safely and efficiently.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving skills, professionalism.
- Good computer skills (Google platform).
- Performs light to medium preventive and corrective maintenance on all company vehicles and equipment. Zankar’s fleet consists primarily of Chevy HD diesel trucks, PJ trailers, shallow drilling equipment, and Can-Am 6x6 UTVs.
- Competently diagnoses, troubleshoots, and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems while adhering to Health, Safety, & Environmental policies and procedures.
- Administers equipment maintenance schedule in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains equipment records and documents for all services/repairs performed.
- Exercises good housekeeping and works in a neat, orderly manner.
- Supports field technicians with remote troubleshooting and maintenance mentoring.
- Maintains spare parts/supplies inventory.
- Assists with Field Operations logistics and minor facility maintenance.
- Automotive or powersport service certifications (ASE, MMI, or similar)
- Extensive experience operating and maintaining powersport and/or off-road recreation vehicles.
- Machining and welding experience
- Safety training certifications (OSHA, MSHA, Red Cross, or similar)
- Valid Class A CDL
- Background in drilling or heavy equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer
Zanskar is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment practice laws.
This position is expected to operate heavy machinery, and as such are subject to pre-employment drug testing. All job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment hair follicle drug screening & background check.