Climate Robotics is a venture-backed startup building heavy equipment to improve agricultural soils and fight climate change. We are developing the next generation of system to produce biochar, a powerful soil amendment that helps to sequester atmospheric carbon. We are seeking talented engineers to join our team and help make a dent in the climate crisis.
Climate Robotics is a venture-backed startup based in Houston, TX. We are building the next generation of agricultural machinery to produce biochar, a powerful soil amendment that improves soil health and sequesters atmospheric carbon. We seek dynamic, driven, and adventurous engineers to join our team in developing in-field pyrolysis systems. Tinkereers, hackers, and mad scientists preferred.
The Engineering Technologist will build, test, troubleshoot, commission, and operate R&D units and mobile in-field pyrolysis systems. They will work closely with an interdisciplinary team on design, fabrication, and manufacturing and are integral to bringing our pioneering technology to life. Experience working with heavy industrial equipment, vehicles, or agricultural equipment preferred.
This is an in-person role.
- Apply engineering practices and principles to at least one of the following: mechanical design, electrical design, automation, environmental testing, gas handling systems, and/or systems
- Analyze engineering designs of logic or digital circuitry, motor controls, instrumentation, or data acquisition for implementation into new or existing automated, servomechanical, or other electromechanical systems
- Work closely with design engineers to resolve design issues
- Assemble, test, and troubleshoot prototype systems and electro-mechanical assemblies
- Interpret technical documents such as diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, or other verbal, digital, or written instructions to assemble, wire, and install heavy electro-mechanical equipment
- Develop and modify detailed work instructions for assembly and testing
- Inspect fabricated parts to ensure conformance with design specifications
- Modify steel parts as required
- Calibrate sensors
- Develop and/or review test plans and procedures, conduct testing, and assist with test report generation
- Operate prototype systems in a stationary or in-field environment
- Use enhanced troubleshooting skills to resolve equipment issues
- Establish and maintain inventory, records, or documentation systems
- Adhere to project deadlines and meet deliverables
- Demonstrate a quick and flexible approach to problem-solving
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Promote a strong collaborative work environment
- Assembling, troubleshooting, and repairing heavy, industrial, or agricultural equipment, or vehicles
- Assembling, testing, troubleshooting, and operating hydraulic systems, including proportional valves, pumps, motors, and controls
- Welding or fabrication experience, mainly with stainless steel and carbon steel
- Wiring, soldering and troubleshooting electrical circuits and components
- Installing and testing PCBs
- Troubleshooting and repairing components and equipment used in high-temperature applications
- Basic experience with programming languages such as Python
- Familiarity with automation and process control
- An Associate’s degree in engineering technology with 5+ years of direct experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology with 3+ years of direct experience
- Proficient in the use of manual and power tools
- Experience with agricultural machinery is a plus
- Some travel is required to project sites
- Authorized to work in the USA for any employer
Regularly works around moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat, and humidity. The noise level may be loud at times.
Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Frequent movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)