Lilium’s vision is to create a sustainable and accessible mode of high-speed, regional transportation.
Using the 7-Seater Lilium Jet, an electric vertical take-off and landing jet, offering leading capacity, low noise and high performance, Lilium is building a transport network and service for people and goods. Working in partnership with world-leading aerospace, technology, and infrastructure partners, commercial operations are set to launch in 2024.
Lilium’s 700+ strong team includes over 400 aerospace engineers and a leadership responsible for delivering some of the most successful aircraft in aviation history. Founded in 2015, Lilium’s headquarters and manufacturing facilities are in Munich, Germany, with teams based across Europe and the U.S.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Engineering Manager – Data & Instrumentation
As Engineering Manager for Instrumentation & Data, you will be responsible for establishing a skilled organization to safely and efficiently design, develop, manufacture, procure, build, integrate and commission Test Asset Instrumentation. One of your key roles will be to establish a common data landscape for the control and management of all resulting test data, to meet the overall program goals and objectives (cost and time).
Role & Responsibilities
- Establish a high integrity Safety Culture
- Define and implement an efficient organization.
- Develop and enhance the team to achieve a world class expert service.
- Establish a continuous improvement culture
- Budget setting & management
- Establish a common data landscape for all testing including prototype aircraft flight testing. This includes data pre- /& post-processing, storage, search, playback and visualization capabilities.
- Safe and timely design, build, manufacture, procurement, Installation, and commissioning of the required test instrumentation for each test asset and relevant UUT to meet program needs. Includes high integrity telemetry system for prototype aircraft and Safety of Flight clearance.
- In partnership with the Head of Test Capability Engineering or Production, integrate the necessary instrumentation solution into the test asset.
- Management of 3rd party suppliers of instrumentation services, components, or SW.
- Review and approval of 3rd party test providers, with focus on data capture and management.
- Manage installation/commissioning of Instrumentation at external facilities, e.g. Wind Tunnel.
- Instrumentation Maintenance & Calibration
- Review and expert feedback on the request for test
- Define & Prepare appropriate Procedures, Methods and Instruction manuals for the Instrumentation development and operation.
Key skills & experienced required
- Strong lateral / direct leadership experience / potential
- Test Instrumentation design and build experience (highly desirable)
- Data Management Experience (highly desirable)
- Component, System Aircraft verification testing Experience
- Can do positive attitude & Strong team player
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture club sessions and free weekly yoga classes!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.