We use nature’s own technology to make fruits and vegetables last longer in order to drastically reduce food waste—from farmer to grocer to kitchen tables around the world.
JOIN OUR TEAM. Check out http://www.apeel.com/jobs for career opportunities. You’ll join a group of committed, passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to build and implement new technologies with a global reach.
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. We hire undergraduate and graduate-level students with backgrounds in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Materials, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, and related fields.
Apeel's investors include Andreessen Horowitz, DBL Partners, Upfront Ventures, S2G Ventures, Powerplant Ventures, The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and The Rockefeller Foundation. Visit us at apeel.com to learn more.
At Apeel, we look to nature to help the global food system extend quality, prevent waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet.
We believe that our most essential ingredient in our recipe for success is our people. We strive to cultivate an environment where everyone is welcomed, and can bring their full, authentic selves into everything they do at Apeel. Humility, Ingenuity, Leadership and Teamwork are the values that define us and how we work with each other, customers, and communities across the globe.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 required, unless you qualify for a federally protected exemption
About this role:
The Engineering lead will work with the Technical team (incl. Process Engineers) to identify process improvements, process controls and 1st draft design equipment . Includes developing designs that:
- Automate processes for solution mixing, application, and process monitoring;
- Reduce logistical errors on site associated with human error;
- Enable automated control of unique components of Apeel’s process; and
- Improve the accuracy and mobility of unique process and performance monitoring tools.
- Innovation planning across Engineering teams to support priorities of Tree Fruit BU commodities
What You'll Do
- Discuss equipment and improvement proposals in collaboration with the Technical team Lead and Process Engineers
- Specing out necessary requirements to ensure the proposals and equipment meet the expectations to be achieved
- Compiling reports defining the efficacy of equipment and proposing further iterations.
- Communicating equipment specifications to OEM to achieve parameters set by Apeel and Supplier
- Testing and validating equipment on-site with Process Engineers, Operations teams, and OEM partners.
- Executing Hardware mounting, waterproofing, food safety regulations, installation and hiring Contractors through design to implementation phases
- Specing dryer and other equipment requirements, specing new proposals, and supporting project initiation
- Communicating and coordination with OEM’s, Service Techs, and contractors during project execution
- Project/Integrations Engineering support to project managers, Service Techs, and Supervisor
- Evaluation of prospective supplier site integrations to meet specs required.
- Providing guidance and training to Operations, Technical, and Supplier teams relating to new and existing equipment(SME on all new and existing equipment and handover knowledge to mentioned teams)
- Training Preventative Maintenance and management platform to Service Tech and supplier teams
- Building an Inventory model management system for spare parts and tools
- Working closely with Tree Fruit Operations Manager to meet COGS expectations on proposed developmental changes
- Working closely with Supplier partner teams and OEM Suppliers
- Remote and onsite travel required based on Tree Fruit Business Unit scope
What You Bring
- BS/MS/PhD in mechanical, design, automation, or electrical engineering
- 7+ years of experience in an engineering position
- PLC/HMI Proven Knowledge and Experience
- Field Work Experience or knowledge of troubleshooting engineering applications
- Requires 25% -50% of travel
- 5+ years experience with hands-on engineering experience in design/systems related field
- Food/Produce industry experience
- Executing against aggressive project timelines
- Reliable and self motivated
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work closely with a multitude of teams
- Strong Communication and Relational aptitude with OEM, contractors, supplier teams
- Proficiency in Autocad/SolidWorks
- Engineering focus around Food Industry Compliance standards
- PLC/HMI Automation configuration knowledge and learning development
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.