Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for a dynamic SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Director to oversee all aspects of external financial reporting. In this position, you will play a critical role in ensuring the accuracy, compliance, and quality of our financial reporting. Your expertise in technical accounting and your deep understanding of SEC regulations will be instrumental in guiding our organization through complex financial matters and ensuring adherence to reporting standards.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully managed SEC and technical accounting matters in past roles, partnering with internal teams and third party experts. This person can also bring an understanding of best practices and is capable of incorporating these solutions to build out first class processes.
- Subject matter expert on US GAAP and SEC regulations for the preparation and filing of SEC reports and demonstrate a clear understanding of related authoritative literature governing financial reporting for public companies.
- Prepare technical accounting memos and analysis as needed.
- Lead the coordination and preparation of quarterly and year-end external financial reports, including quarterly earnings releases, 10-Qs and 10-Ks and related press releases and earnings release scripts.
- Prepare and/or review technical accounting items such as stock-based compensation, warrants, EPS, equity roll forward, cash flow statement.
- Assume ownership of certain SOX controls.
- Assist Investor Relations team as needed with investor engagement activities, including preparation materials.
- Provide technical accounting training to finance and accounting teams, ensuring a strong understanding of accounting principles and compliance requirements.
- Elevate, lead, and inspire an impactful team with a commitment to continuous learning and improvement, using a collaborative management style with a willingness to dig into details to support our objectives in a hyper-growth public company environment.
- Drive collaborative and proactive relationships with key stakeholders, including key constituents throughout the Company including but not limited to the external and internal auditors, Legal & Compliance, IT, HR, FP&A, Supply Chain, and Engineering departments.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Masters preferred.
- CPA(Active) required
- 10+ years in technical accounting and SEC reporting roles, preferably within publicly traded companies. Successful track record of leading financial reporting processes
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP, and SEC regulations.
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented individual who has the ability to multitask; an independent and flexible problem solver who can cope positively with ambiguity while maintaining strong attention to detail and speed
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and clearly communicate technical accounting issues.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to develop and mentor a team to work collectively towards objectives and timely meet deadlines.
- Detailed orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to manage several priorities, work cross-functionally, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- A high level of energy and ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic business environments, with a demonstrated track record of excelling under pressure while maintaining an accountable, collaborative, positive environment.
- Strong ability to drive continuous improvement of processes
- Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment with multiple priorities.
- Experience with major ERP(SAP or Oracle), SAP strongly preferred.
- Experience with Wdesk(Workiva) SEC filing software
- Experience with MS Office and G suite applications
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the position and does not include an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $195,840-$244,800. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.