Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
We are looking for a Director of Cost Accounting to join our Finance team supporting the Company’s manufacturing operations, analytics, and reporting. Someone who has experience in a high-tech manufacturing environment and is comfortable being in a hands-on leadership role. As a leader within the finance team, our organization’s overarching responsibilities are to provide the highest caliber of relevant financial and business information that is both insightful and practical, enabling effective decision-making at all levels of the Company to improve our financial performance. This is a role for an energetic individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and who has excellent communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead all aspects of the cost of goods sold and inventory accounting and valuation.
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of standard costs including detail analysis of cost drivers/activities for our two factory sites coming on-line
- Maintain the ERP(SAP) costing system to generate accurate product costs, inventory valuation and variance analysis.
- Responsible for monthly and quarter-close accounting close and SOX compliance controls and processes, including review of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations, processes and procedures documentation, as applicable.
- Collaborate with Operations, Business Units, Engineering, and other Finance teams to complete financial analysis for various manufacturing investment analysis. Understand product cost projections, and deep analysis of actual cost details, including Waste/Yield Analysis.
- Ensure accuracy of product costs including bill of materials, routings, and Overhead rates.
- Aid in development of BOM cost reduction reporting and tracking framework.
- Design and develop reporting, analyze the Manufacturing cost, Open PO Commitments examine financial and operational data, and provide recommendations to management.
- Identify and support continual process and procedure improvements for increased efficiency of leading data for analysis.
- Serve as an expert on cost accounting issues and related standard processes and procedures.
What we need to see:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in accounting and/or MBA in Accounting or Finance
- Professional accounting qualification(CPA, ACCA,CMA, Chartered Accountant) preferred.
- 15+ overall years of relevant cost accounting experience and 8+ years of leadership experience
- Deep understanding of manufacturing operations, inventory valuation, and cost accounting.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proactive work ethic and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to develop and mentor a team to work collectively towards objectives and timely meet deadlines.
- Detailed orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to manage several priorities, work cross-functionally, and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills.
- Effective communicator, with excellent written and verbal communication skills including bridging communication between Finance, Operations, and Information Technology Departments.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Strong financial and manufacturing knowledge with high tech experience.
- Consistent record of establishing relationships with cross-functional business partners.
- Strong ability to drive continuous improvement of processes.
- Enjoy working in a constantly evolving environment with multiple priorities.
- Experience with major ERP (SAP or Oracle)
- Experience with MS Office, Power BI, Tableau, Power Query, and SAP Analytics a plus.
At Archer we aim to attract, retain, and motivate talent that possess the skills and leadership necessary to grow our business. We drive a pay-for-performance culture and reward performance that supports the Company’s business strategy. For this position we are targeting a base pay between $163,000 - $204,000. Actual compensation offered will be determined by factors such as job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.