Mori is a technology company focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. Through an innovative and proprietary process, Mori uses just salt, water, and heat to extract protein from silk and create an all-natural and edible protective layer that keeps food fresher for longer. The patented technology can be integrated at any time from farm to shelf, allowing food producers, processors, and retailers to extend shelf life, reach new markets, and reduce waste.
Mori is focused on innovations in the food, agriculture, and packaging industries. We leverage the unique properties of a natural protein discovered in silk that protects food, creates an edible barrier, and slows down spoilage. Our products can be integrated at any time from farm to shelf, allowing food producers, processors, and retailers to deliver more and better-quality food to consumers. Our mission statement “More Food, Less Waste” embodies our companies’ commitment to improving supply chain inefficiencies and reducing food and packaging waste. We abide by the following values to make our mission possible:
- Think big, start small
- Embrace complexity
- See it through
- Operate with care
- Keep perspective
Mori is seeking an analytically rigorous and collaborative Commercial Operations Manager. The candidate will be responsible for enabling our Commercial team to be more efficient and effective by owning tools and internal processes that drive our business development and sales cycles. This role has room to expand into more customer-facing touchpoints.
- Build and maintain tools, templates, processes to efficiently identify high-quality, strategic market opportunities and manage progress through commercial pipelines.
- Maintain commercial pipeline trackers; build and centralize commercial KPI dashboards.
- Provide intelligent reporting and forecasting to support Mori leadership team decisions.
- Partner with leadership team to set goals; own the translation of goals into tactical plan and guide peers to execute against plan.
- Partner within and across teams to continuously improve end-to-end commercial pipeline efficiency and predictability.
- Build customer-facing decks and models (sizing, pricing) to support pitches, customer discovery, and deal qualification.
- Support Business Development (BD) leads in preparing for customer touchpoints, including collaborating with cross-functional teams (e.g., Legal, Regulatory & FSQ, R&D) for inputs to accelerate discussions, defining and driving critical path next steps.
- Guide efficient BD qualification across customer stages, focusing on the most impactful levers.
- Build customer-facing collateral (decks, white papers) to support pitches and account qualification.
- Support sales leads in customer engagement strategy (meeting preparation, facilitation, follow ups), onboarding and deployment strategy, growth and expansion planning.
- Guide efficient sales qualification by dynamically prioritizing pipeline against strategic go-to-market parameters; develop and maintain tools to support decision-making and prioritization.
- Partner with Technical Services and Finance teams to ensure accurate and timely revenue bookings and billings; implement operational improvements and adapt as we continue to scale.
30% Travel Expectation
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of sales operations, revenue operations, commercial operations experience at a B2B company (bonus if at a high-growth startup)
- 1-3 years of experience in management consulting, providing strategic insights and data-driven recommendations to improve business performance.
- Natural curiosity for customer challenges and intuition for asking questions to derive qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Process-driven, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to define, adapt, and prioritize against evolving business needs.
- Proven success of making data-driven decisions in a commercial operations context
- Excellent problem-solving skills: motivated to identify process improvements and keen eye for developing operationally-sound, streamlined solutions.
- Excellent communication skills with keen ability to translate Mori value propositions to customer contexts.
- Excellent collaboration skills with keen ability to translate commercial operations needs and benefits across Mori’s organization.
- Strong project management capabilities
- Strong understanding of CRM systems and sales tools, with the ability to scope, implement, and manage these platforms effectively.
Mori provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health, vision, and dental plans where Mori pays 60% or more of the premium
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP)
- Unlimited paid-time-off (which includes sick pay) and 11 paid company holidays
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Commuter benefits providing employees the opportunity to use tax-free dollars on commuting costs (as specified by the benefit administrator.
- Free, access to confidential mental health counsellors through a program called Health Advocate. Health Advocate also helps with other things (securing childcare, finding lawyers for wills, etc.), and you have access to the full array of Health Advocate options
- Health Advocate also offers advice on which health insurance option to choose based on your personal circumstances (HIPAA compliant, everything is done between you and them and never comes to a Mori employee). This type of program is often referred to as an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free OneMedical on-demand primary care (24/7 access to physicians, online booking system, membership fee is covered), insurance required for certain services
- Free TelaDoc through Aetna available to employees with an active Mori health plan
- One year of TalkSpace (fully online mental health therapists) Access based on enrollment in an active Mori provided Health Benefit plan. Monthly limitations apply
- Optional Life and supplemental life insurance through MetLife
Additional location specific benefits include:
- 24/7 access to Hood Park fitness center (Boston benefit)
- Covered and indoor bike parking (Boston benefit)
- Hood Park programming and events (Boston benefit)
Mori is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws. Employment opportunities at Mori are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, caste, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mori participates in the federal government’s E-Verify program, which confirms employment authorization of all newly hired employees and most existing employees through an electronic database maintained by the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security. For new hires, the E-Verify process is completed in conjunction with the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification on or before the first day of work. E-Verify is not used as a tool to pre-screen candidates. For up-to-date information on E-Verify, go to www.uscis.gov and click on 'E-Verify' located near the bottom of the page.