Lilium’s vision is to create a sustainable and accessible mode of high-speed, regional transportation.
Using the 7-Seater Lilium Jet, an electric vertical take-off and landing jet, offering leading capacity, low noise and high performance, Lilium is building a transport network and service for people and goods. Working in partnership with world-leading aerospace, technology, and infrastructure partners, commercial operations are set to launch in 2024.
Lilium’s 700+ strong team includes over 400 aerospace engineers and a leadership responsible for delivering some of the most successful aircraft in aviation history. Founded in 2015, Lilium’s headquarters and manufacturing facilities are in Munich, Germany, with teams based across Europe and the U.S.
A career at Lilium is for those who want to do something extraordinary. We take pride in pushing the boundaries of engineering, technology and customer experience.
As part of a team, you will tackle challenges and deliver something that has never been done before. By joining Lilium you will have the opportunity to work with a world-class entrepreneurial team of more than 800 people who are as passionate about changing the world as you are.
You will always act with safety and integrity in mind and embody our core behaviors of efficient and positive collaboration, ownership of time, continuous improvements and, ultimately delivering results.
We thrive on diversity and creating an inclusive culture, with more than 50 nationalities currently working hard to bring our vision of a sustainable world to life.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of General Procurement and Investments and work closely with our Production, Quality, Program Management and Commercial Department. You will be responsible for the entire operational and strategic procurement activities for CapEx and Equipment.
Procurement at Lilium means to work within a team of highly skilled experts managing the creation and establishment of a professional aircraft and non-aircraft supply base with the highest quality product available in time – while meeting technical corporate standards based on a complete new worldwide market ecosystem.
Your Day to Day:
- Contribute to two multi-functional team which will define, select and qualify the CapEx and Equipment for the Production and for Operations Infrastructure, as the case may be.
- Create and evolve the CapEx and Equipment Procurement Strategy & Policies aligned to the overarching Production, Procurement and Company respective strategy.
- Initiate and drive the Sourcing Process including Market Assessment & Identification of Potential Suppliers, Supplier Selection & Contracting.
- Lead the internal CapEx approval process up to complete validation.
- Orchestrate a global network of Suppliers to initiate best practice exchange and a continuous flow of innovations outside-in.
- Secure the delivery to safety, time, cost and quality targets.
- Contribute to the elaboration of the Business and Operating Plan.
- Follow-up on Performance of the procured CapEx and Equipment and possibly initiate Claims as required.
- Ensure sourcing from approved suppliers.
- High response & real-time work behavior.
- Minimum qualifications/education: engineering (mechanical, electrical, or aerospace), business administration and procurement commodity position with minimum five years experience in CapEx procurement in an Industry with high quality standards.
- “End to End” responsibility of implementing a purchase strategy.
- Great interest in technical products and high technology.
- Sound understanding of Financial statements.
- Eager to learn and adopt his/her style to a start-up environment; puts the team first; robust and passionate to follow given objectives; uses failure as learning experience; excellent communicator; ability to facilitate workshops.
- Demonstrate cross-functional leadership within the company as well as with all the required roles of the supplier.
- Excellent analysis and evaluation skills with a drive to challenge the status quo.
- A strategic thinker with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Must be a proactive, open, and direct communicator who engages comfortably and credibly with all levels of the organisation.
- High personal influencing and negotiation skills. Strong leadership maturity and ability to lead through others.
Life at Lilium:
You are joining us as we are building our global footprint. While the current COVID-19 restrictions mean that many of us are working remotely, we are still making the most out of this time. Meet fellow colleagues via our culture club sessions and free weekly yoga classes!
Lilium is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of ethnicity, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.