Archer is an aerospace company building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft focused on improving mobility in cities. The company's mission is to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. Archer is designing, manufacturing, and operating a fully electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150mph while producing minimal noise. Archer's team is based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Archer is an aerospace company based in San Jose, California building an all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft with a mission to advance the benefits of sustainable air mobility. We are designing, manufacturing, and operating an all-electric aircraft that can carry four passengers for 60 miles at speeds of up to 150 mph while producing minimal noise.
Our sights are set high and our problems are hard, and we believe that diversity in the workplace is what makes us smarter, drives better insights, and will ultimately lift us all to success. We are dedicated to cultivating an equitable and inclusive environment that embraces our differences, and supports and celebrates all of our team members.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers in the development and implementation of electromechanical systems.
- Perform on and off aircraft build up and modifications to electrical components including; wire harness fabrication, connector terminations, component removal, routing, installation, and repairs.
- Complete continuity checks, operational checks / verification and troubleshooting of various systems.
- Assist in the set up and implementation of test stations and data acquisition systems.
- Utilizes various forms of engineering and technical information such as modification drawings, wiring & schematic diagrams, engineering dispositions, part lists / kits, and ground support / test equipment.
- Develop and support continuous improvement efforts within the department.
What You Need
- 5+ years of related experience in Aerospace and/or automotive industry.
- Must have hands on experience using shop tools and calibrated aerospace tooling including torque wrenches, crimping and striping tools.
- Understanding of aircraft safety, tool control, FOD, and industry standards.
- Experience working in a product development environment.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills with an emphasis on Google suite..
- Ability to work in a fast paced and highly regulated environment with adaptability to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Great communication skills and a high attention detail are required
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted.
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Knowledge of IPC 610/620 & AC43.13-B.
- A&P certification.
- Experience with electric aircraft.
- Experience with high voltage wiring, batteries, and electric motor controllers.
- Aircraft configuration management and conformity experience.
Archer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusivity in the workplace. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.