Lucid is the new generation of EV. Our relentless focus on innovation, luxury, and sustainability drives us into a reality where you no longer have to choose between doing great things, doing the right thing, and doing everything with the highest regard for efficiency and design. There were luxury cars, then EVs, now there’s Lucid.
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Associate Vehicle Development Engineer for our growing Vehicle Development Test team. Our mission is to lead the planning and execution of all vehicle level development tests to ensure we are delivering a quality product that meets customer needs. This role will be involved with testing early-stage vehicle prototypes as well as production ready vehicles. Our ideal candidate exhibits a strong drive, outstanding teamwork and collaboration within a startup environment, and has a keen interest in the vehicle development and test lifecycle across all function groups and attributes. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting time to join the team as we continue development on the Lucid Gravity and all future products.
· Be the single point of contact responsible for the assigned test vehicle(s), maintain HW and SW configurations, service and utilization history of those vehicles.
· Support required HW upfits, SW flashing and diagnosis through CAN, LIN and Ethernet communication.
Test Planning & Scheduling
· Review test plans assigned by engineering teams and understand test requirements.
· Vehicle preparation (HW/SW updates, install of instrumentation and data acquisition equipment) to meet test requirements.
· Support planning for parts, people, logistics and facilities to execute vehicle-level testing including risk assessments.
Vehicle Testing & Issue Reporting
· Work within vehicle development and with cross-functional teams for supporting test requirements and keep all relevant stakeholders updated on progress.
· Execute vehicle-level test plans in lab, proving grounds and public road settings.
· Collect accurate vehicle data per test requirements, to troubleshoot issues and provide feedback to the relevant stakeholders.
· Document all test results in a clear and concise manner.
· Identify and document all issues with the relevant details, data and test logs.
· Support issue investigation with re-testing and drive towards resolution.
· Extensive domestic and international travel to test sites and fleet drives.
· Develop autonomy to ensure all vehicle development activities are completed with minimal disruption to the scope and schedule requirements.
· Recommend organizational or procedural improvements identified through various activities.
· 0-3 years of experience in the Automotive/EV or relevant industry.
· Good problem-solver with hands-on abilities.
· Detail-oriented mindset with strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and resources at the same time.
· Self-starter with high levels of motivation and strong desire to continue learning.
· Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
· Understanding of vehicle systems and system interactions.
· Interest in the vehicle development process.
· Experience with FSAE, Baja or other DIY activities is a plus.
· Any automotive industry experience is a plus.
Bachelor of Science minimum in a relevant science or engineering field
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $88,000-121,000 / year
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.